Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Islands of Esarhatia (Coffee stained map)

Default The Islands of Esarhatia (Coffee stained map)

Hi everyone! I've been playing around with coffee staining lately and just finished this personal map on one of my coffee stained pages!

My Island of Portals map was also a coffee stained map.

This is completely hand drawn on top of the coffee stain. I'm still working on labeling with the hand drawn maps but I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FullSizeRender.jpg 
Views:	281 
Size:	2.20 MB 
ID:	120347

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

A very original idea to inspire a map! I like it a lot!

That's a real nice work and I must have a little addiction because the color starts some engines in my veins

Mmmm I just want to lick it. I MEAN I LIKE IT! I LIKE IT! RIGHT!

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

On uh... "one of your coffee stained pages"? How many coffee stained pages do you have just lying around? XD. Personally, I just stain the pages as and when I have an idea for a map. Speaking of which, this looks excellent. Fancy lettering is definitely important, but even apart from that, everything about this map, especially the artstyle of the mountains and spires.

Good idea ! The final result looks convincing, like an ancient scroll... with a particularly pleasant smell of roasted beans...
    My Website
    You can also find my work on :

Twitter . Instagram . Artstation . Behance

Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    A very original idea to inspire a map! I like it a lot!
    Thank you Jo!

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasR View Post
    That's a real nice work and I must have a little addiction because the color starts some engines in my veins
    Oh yessss! It's a typical cartographer addiction! Thanks for your kind words Thomas!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiana View Post
    Mmmm I just want to lick it. I MEAN I LIKE IT! I LIKE IT! RIGHT!
    It smells so good! I have not licked it though...

Quote Originally Posted by UnstableGunEnthusiast View Post
    On uh... "one of your coffee stained pages"? How many coffee stained pages do you have just lying around? XD. Personally, I just stain the pages as and when I have an idea for a map. Speaking of which, this looks excellent. Fancy lettering is definitely important, but even apart from that, everything about this map, especially the artstyle of the mountains and spires.
    I have several pages of coffee stains in my sketchbook! I am also planning on doing some wine stained maps! I'm happy you liked the map!

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Moureau View Post
    Good idea ! The final result looks convincing, like an ancient scroll... with a particularly pleasant smell of roasted beans...
    Thanks Marc! I really loved working on this, and yes it smells amazing!

While I do not tolerate the brown poison brewed by the bean demons, I can not deny that here it resulted in a fantastic little map It has a lot of atmosphere to it.
    Last edited by Kellerica; 02-23-2020 at 03:43 AM.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Oh, wine stained map! You must share that too! And perhaps some tea maps? Indeed, perhaps you could use all three beverages for a multi-toned delicious natural flavored I MEAN natural DYE... ahem. Beet juice is also a good dye! Not that the average normal person has beet juice (shudder) but perhaps you cook some beets or something and then boom. Bottled beet juice... is... real though. (cries) If you thought bean demon juice tasted like dirt wait til you try beet juice.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Quote Originally Posted by Kellerica View Post
    While I do not tolerate the brown poison brewed by the bean demons, I can not deny that here it resulted in a fantastic little map It has a lot of atmosphere to it.
    I guess not all cartographers run on coffee... I’m happy you still enjoyed the map!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiana View Post
    Oh, wine stained map! You must share that too! And perhaps some tea maps? Indeed, perhaps you could use all three beverages for a multi-toned delicious natural flavored I MEAN natural DYE... ahem. Beet juice is also a good dye! Not that the average normal person has beet juice (shudder) but perhaps you cook some beets or something and then boom. Bottled beet juice... is... real though. (cries) If you thought bean demon juice tasted like dirt wait til you try beet juice.
    Yup, I’ve been thinking about tea... I have a red rose tea that I’m excited about! Hmmm beet juice I can try that.... I actually like beet juice I usually add some apples or something sweet to cut the ‘dirt taste’.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast