Thread: Greetings fellow artisans

Default Greetings fellow artisans

Hi everyone,

my name is Arved. I'm a newbie mapmaking enthusiast from Germany. Whenever I open a new fantasy novel, I hope it contains a map of the setting so that I can become lost in the intricate details of the world.

I started playing Fantasy RPGs - first with my family & later with friends - when I was six years old (and we continue to play to this day). So, while planning my next campaign I thought it was time to finalize the setting and create a nice map of the main continent "Phalexia". (Some of you DnD aficionados might spot some familiar places. )

I hope I get off to a great start!

I too go straight for the map... and I'm sad if there isn't one. I like to flip back whenever new locations are mentioned and get a sense of the physical journey. Welcome.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

I think including a map in your novel should be a standard requirement for every publisher, honestly I always feel completely lost if there isn't one (doesn't help I'm terrible with names!)
    Well, in any case, welcome to the Guild! I look forward to seeing this continent map.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Thank you all very much for the warm welcome!

Welcome to the Guild Arved! I know I always look for a map when I pick up a new book...and I'm always disappointed if there isn't one. Honestly I've put some books back on the shelf when there wasn't a map

Glad you decided to join us!
    - Josh