Thread: General Kenobi!

Guild Novice

Post General Kenobi!

Hi guys!,

I've just found this forum through WASD20's discord. I'm not quite that new to the hobby (as I've been playing as DM for my group of D&D the last 4-5 years now, and therefore making tons of maps and settings) but I'm starting to get involved recently into the community of map makers dwelling on the internet. However I'm quite sure that I can learn and improve a lot with the experience I may find here... So, now I star a new journey to climb another step in this hobby! I guess haha...

I'm not native speaker, although you may alredy have figure it out, so I apologise for any faults on that. I'm pretty sure my way of expressing my self may be kind of odd, I don't know...
    Last edited by SCMartins; 02-15-2020 at 10:50 AM.

Guild Apprentice

Welcome, I too found this forum through wasd20

Hello there!

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Hello there!

Glad you found your way over here, welcome to the Guild! Is there any place we could see what kind of maps you've made so far?
    Oh, and don't worry about the language thing too much. A pretty good chunk of us, myself obviously included, are non-native English speakers here.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Guild Novice

Quote Originally Posted by Kellerica View Post
    Hello there!

Glad you found your way over here, welcome to the Guild! Is there any place we could see what kind of maps you've made so far?
    Oh, and don't worry about the language thing too much. A pretty good chunk of us, myself obviously included, are non-native English speakers here.
    Thaks Kellerica! Well, I've started to share my creations just now, so I still have no gallery anywhere there with my maps... I was hoping to upload them here on the forum, but I'm still struggling with how things work around here as I'm not very experienced with forums...

Quote Originally Posted by SCMartins View Post
    Thaks Kellerica! Well, I've started to share my creations just now, so I still have no gallery anywhere there with my maps... I was hoping to upload them here on the forum, but I'm still struggling with how things work around here as I'm not very experienced with forums...
    Copy that. I know the forums can be a tad tricky to get a handle on, especially in the beginning. Let me know if there is anything in particular you struggle with, and I'll try to help as best as I can
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Imagine the forum is a very small version of Reddit. The sections of the forum are like subreddits. The threads are like Reddit threads. The only difference is, it doesn't nest based on who you reply to, you have to do that specifically by writing someone's name or using the quote function. The markup is different than Reddit but mostly controlled by the buttons above the postbox, and if you hover over them it will tell you what that code does. If you click on the B or I or underline it will automatically put your curser in between the tags. They work like HTML tags, where what you want effected goes in between. The trickiest is the URL with custom text code which is not automated by a button. Images can be managed directly on the site with the upload feature.

Basically forums are the proto-version of social media and if you think of them through the terms of established older social media sites like Reddit you'll quickly understand how they're meant to work.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Welcome to the Guild! D&D is definitely a common entry point to the world of cartography for a lot of people. I look forward to seeing some of your work. Don't hesitate to ask any questions

- Josh