Your map looks great on that cotton. I never printed a map on any material but paper (when it was printed in book). But recently I often read that people print maps from their favorite rpg system on play mats (like those from Chessex, "extended vinyl"?). But I guess this isn't inexpensive or maybe not possible anyway if you just want to print one map.

I wonder what might be good materials for more futuristic maps though. Some even more man-made material than cotton or paper, I guess. Searching for these "vinyl maps" I've just found a provider named bannersonthecheap, who seem to offer printing "rpg maps and banners". But I don't know them. Maybe there are similar print services who do the same. Their website itself looks a bit "cheap" to me and I don't know if I would try it without a personal recommendation (if I wanted to print something, which I don't want to just now).

I also wondered if you could print a map like an ad on a pvc banner. But this would be more interesting for bigger sizes, and if you have room for that. This could also be durable.