Thread: Battlemap behind the Tavern - Input wanted

Wip Battlemap behind the Tavern - Input wanted

Hi everyone,

I'm working on a little battlemap, it depicts the backcourt of a tavern including the outhouse. I'm not sure yet if some drunk thugs will ambush one or more PCs here or if the PCs will be the attackers.

Anyway my work in progress looks okay-ish, but somehow still lacking. That's why I came here to ask some more experienced mappers. I only made a few simple maps so far as I seldom find the time to create my own maps. I usually use freely available maps from the internet for my campaign.
    For this one I plan to add a few light sources inside the outhouse - once I figure out how to do that with Campaign Cartographer. But maybe you have some other ideas what else to do with it.

Any input is appreciated!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Outhouse Oddities.PNG 
Views:	86 
Size:	2.76 MB 
ID:	120452

What a wonderful little battle-map, this looks fantastic!

While I am not expert, I'd be happy to lend a few opinions. Having a cart with supplies in the back of a tavern makes a lot of sense. That said, you may want to consider adding a gate or some way for the cart to get into the space. That might provide another way for those thugs to arrive as well! The axe and wood pile also seems very smart to include. If you want additional detail, you could add a chopping block for the wood and maybe even a pile of firewood along the tavern back wall. Lastly, and this might be personal preference, some privacy walls around those toilets would go a long way in terms of patron comfort

Once again, this looks really awesome. I'm sure the close quarters nature of the map (and good amount of corners / cover) will make for an awesome skirmish!

Nice little battlemap! One minor thing that helps the look is to rotate identical trees and bushes so they don't look identical.

Thanks for the helpful suggestions!

I added a gate (big oversight) as well as some cart tracks, turned the bushes a little and added some weeds behing the outhouse. Couldn't find a chopping block symbol I was happy with, so I just kept the firewood pile with the axe.
    Not having stall walls between the 'seats' was intentional, because I think in a medival/fantasy only high class establishments would have that. But that's a matter of personal mapping taste, I guess

So, here's my final version (at least I hope so). I have one with a grid too, but this one looks cleaner.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Outhouse_NoGrid_Small.JPG 
Views:	48 
Size:	2.74 MB 
ID:	120547