Thread: How to cancel my support payment?

Guild Applicant Guild Supporter

Help How to cancel my support payment?

Hello,

I've noticed that there have been AUD $5 payments coming from my back accoutn and traced it back to this forum.
    I don't remember them being reaccuring, however what is paid is paid and I hope it was useful for others.

I now want to stop these payments from occuring further, but I cant see any method of this on the website or in my settings.
    It looks like I have selected the $3 p/month option, which shows as a continued monthly reoccurance.

Please can someone advise how I stop these payments

Hi,

You can wait till the site's owner Robbie sees this, or, the quickest and easiest way is to log into your Paypal account. Click on Activity, then look for the payment (it'll be for Fantaseum LLC). Click 'Manage Fantaseum payment' and you'll be able to cancel it from there.

If this doesn't work for some reason, I suggest sending a PM to Robbie. Unfortunately he's the only one who can deal with this. You're still under five posts which means you'll have to make one more comment before you can use the PM system (an anti-spam measure). If you reply to this comment, that'll get you to five, then you need to wait up to an hour for the server to update, and then you can PM.

This is Robbie's profile.
    https://www.cartographersguild.com/member.php?u=567
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Stopping a subscription payment can be performed via Paypal's back end without permission from the site you subscribed to. Thanks for your support for this time even though unintentional. This kind of shenanigan is why I am distrustful of subscription services; I always feel they're trying to exploit people's inattention. In this case, I expect it was skim reading as the first donation option entry on the page for donation says "Available options are 30 dollars every year, 3 dollars a month, or a one-time 30 dollar payment." I guess you must have picked the middle box, which was cheaper, and inadvertently got the monthly support option. Just to test that not everything is subscription secretly, I'm doing a one time $5 donation to test it doesn't recur.

After I processed the payment it does say "1 x One Time Support 5 Subscription" which is a bit misleading.

So I compared it to my one recurring YouTuber subscription which says "Subscription Payment Sent" however, the title of the $5 one time donation is "Payment sent to Fantaseum, LLC". So it looks like it is not recurring, only that option from the first option becomes recurring. So it does seem it's possible to do a one time donation. Anyway as described you can cancel like Chickpea said. I have done this before for other subscriptions with no problems.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Blog Entries

I will see what I can do and if unsuccessful then I will PM Robbie and ask him to deal with it as I am sure he can being the site custodian. I ought to be able to do it but this has never occurred before.

Edit - Ok I think that's done. It appears that when you sign up its for a year. I have set the date to expire to midnight tonight and also set it to be disabled. So if one option doesn't do it then the other might. If you have any further payments made to it then please get in contact and I will ask Robbie to make a refund to you. I don't have any access to the paypal or funds - nor do I have to deal with the payments for the guild server either.

I know that it is possible to make a one time payment and also a subscription but its been a long time since I have reviewed the options for them. I expect that the wording could be misleading. I think we use a forum plugin to make this possible and I am uncertain as to whether the wording is generated at the time Robbie set up the options or whether its set by the plugin developer.

These are the options listed on the subscription management tool. I believe that the numbers represent USD:
    Cartographers Guild Supporter
    Cartographers' Guild Sponsor
    One Time Support 5
    One Time Support 10
    One Time Support 20

And can I say that we do appreciate your support of the guild.
    Last edited by Redrobes; 02-20-2020 at 07:53 AM.