Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Feb/Mar '20 Lite Challenge: space port

Quote Originally Posted by Levtrona View Post
    Final Version, maybe.
    I did not like the design in the end, it didnt make much sense to me. I might rework it eventually.
    anything missing? any Ideas? All comments wellcome.
    Really? I think the concept is looking good and I also the like the style of it. It only seems a bit too empty to me in the southern part. Maybe just some more boxes? But maybe I have just some sort of "horror vacui"

How about adding a helpful battlemap grid? Unless your purposely leaving it open.

I really like the suble textures.

Everyones maps are finishing up really well I dunno what chance mine has lol.

I also thought about suggesting a battlemap grid until i realized this isn't for the battlemap challenge. But why not?

Otherwise ... ah, in a space port I'd expect to see a spaceship or space-train as an example somewhere. Maybe one that is being refueled with some kind of energy (maybe this is done by just parking on these bright energy lines?). It would help to understand "what is what", where the space vehicles are supposed to be parked. And to get a better feel for the scale (I see you added a scale there, but I'm not such a mathematical person ). Or you could add a legend with some numbers and descriptions, or instructions in case of an emergency/attack on the port.

Quote Originally Posted by Styescape View Post
    Really? I think the concept is looking good and I also the like the style of it. It only seems a bit too empty to me in the southern part. Maybe just some more boxes? But maybe I have just some sort of "horror vacui"
    Thx. i know what you mean, it looks very clean and tidy. I dont want to overdo or maybe i have some sort of "horror abundati" pardon my latin. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by TimetoDraw View Post
    How about adding a helpful battlemap grid? Unless your purposely leaving it open.

I really like the suble textures.

Everyones maps are finishing up really well I dunno what chance mine has lol.
    For me the biggest challenge is to get at least something done and join the challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Yrda View Post
    I also thought about suggesting a battlemap grid until i realized this isn't for the battlemap challenge. But why not?

Otherwise ... ah, in a space port I'd expect to see a spaceship or space-train as an example somewhere. Maybe one that is being refueled with some kind of energy (maybe this is done by just parking on these bright energy lines?). It would help to understand "what is what", where the space vehicles are supposed to be parked. And to get a better feel for the scale (I see you added a scale there, but I'm not such a mathematical person ). Or you could add a legend with some numbers and descriptions, or instructions in case of an emergency/attack on the port.
    You are right. I need to add a legend. No one can read my mind.

The background is delightfully subtle, I really like it.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	spaceport5s.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	3.67 MB 
ID:	120781

Adding the legend was a good idea. It explains your whole construction in a great way and it simultaneously fills the empty spots very well!

The legend gives it a nice finished look.

Agreed! The legend better balances the top half and the bottom half.

Oh yes, this little legend definitely makes it more "readable".

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast