Thread: Myłin

Post Myłin

Hello!

My name's Eowyn, I'm a 21-yo Frenchie and I have been an active conlanger for almost 4 years now. I've loved maps for as long as I can remember, but only recently did I get something commissioned from me for the first time and I think I'm addicted to making maps now.

Amongst others things, I'm a blogger, a writer, a language-lover and a Wikipedia admin, and yet another person who doesn't know what the fudge she will do with this weird thing we're endowed with that we call life. But I know what I love to do and I'm determined to try and get the most out of it! The Cartographers' Guild should be the opportunity for me to be more committed in social-networky thingies and acquire experience in the field of mapmaking. ^^ By the way, I found you through this video!

I'm not sure what else is relevant to say here but feel free to ask any questions.

Hello Eowyn,

welcome to the Guild! You said you love maps, you are addicted to their making and you want to have a social-networking and experience? Congratulations, you found the right place There are many Pros around here and I was able to learn much from their work, comments and tutorials in a short time. So just have a look around and I'm sure you will find anything you need and many people who will be glad to give you some help, if you need it!

Thank youuu. I could benefit from knowing where I can share my creations. Not that I couldn't find it with a little effort but it's been a long time since I used any forums. ^^' Then I guess I'll just spam the activity stream and allocate a couple minutes a day to take part in here.

Quote Originally Posted by Eowyn Cwper View Post
    I could benefit from knowing where I can share my creations. Not that I couldn't find it with a little effort but it's been a long time since I used any forums. ^^'
    That's (among other things) what I'm here for

For sharing your maps, your choices would be either the Finished Maps section, where you can just post a new thread to show off a piece you consider finished.

We also have a WIP area, where you can find subcategories such as Regional/World Mapping, City, Dungeon, and so on. Pick a category you feel suits you (General/Misc is always a good bet if you're not quite sure where your map fits, or want to post multiple different pieces in the same thread), and create a thread to show maps that are still a work in progress. This can often be a good place to get some feeback along the way.

As you mentioned being interested in con-langs, you might also find the Toponomy and Linguistics section worth checking out. While not the most active area of this forum, I know there are several people here interested in this sort of thing.

Hope this helps to get you started. If you still have questions, let me know. Welcome to the Guild!
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Thank you so much! Two days in and I'm still hyped.

Hello Eowyn, nice to meet you. We are both new to the forum and equally hyped as it seems. I'm looking forward to see more of your work.

Is Myłin a word from your con language?

And just out of curiosity, how did you become a Wikipedia admin?

Hello, hype friend! And thank you for your interest. ^^ Yeah, myłin means “hi” in my conlang. :D

I became a Wikipedia admin by being active there for a long time, contributing and learning how it all worked, until I felt experienced enough to propose myself as an admin. A voting procedure ensued and failed. :D I tried the year after and succeeded!
    My website (commissions open)
    My LinkTree (to find me everywhere)

Guild Journeyer Guild Sponsor Klaus van der Kroft's Avatar

Welcome to the Guild and myłin to you too, Eowyn!

Welcome to the Guild Eowyn! I'm glad you decided to join us so we can all share in our map addiction . I look forward to seeing some of your work

- Josh

Thank you guys! It seems I have some progress to make with subscribed threads, but I'm getting there. ^^
    My website (commissions open)
    My LinkTree (to find me everywhere)