Thread: Einnor Regional Map (WIP)

Default Einnor Regional Map (WIP)

So I'm working with Paint.net on a fantasy continent though I'm.also practicing some trial version of Affinity Designer.

This is a map of a region of my world called Einnor (meaning Olden Lands) which is essentially Europe. The finished style I hope to accomplish is a 1800s styled European map which is becoming increasingly hard as I cannot find any fonts that mimic the style and my program is very limited with the layer. I'm trying my best and not giving up just yet!

The attachment from Discord didn't work. Try again with the forum attachment system?

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

I can see the map; these rivers look absolutely gorgeous! Are you going to add topographic details?
    My website (commissions open)
    My LinkTree (to find me everywhere)

Quote Originally Posted by Eowyn Cwper View Post
    I can see the map; these rivers look absolutely gorgeous! Are you going to add topographic details?
    Oh yes, but the problem is I am working on it as a 1800s-1900s styled modern map which doesn't really show topographical features. I want to show mountains with more than just text, but I don't know how to with my limited artistic skills.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vector.png 
Views:	38 
Size:	8.73 MB 
ID:	120955

Name:	Einnor.png 
Views:	30 
Size:	3.32 MB 
ID:	120956

Name:	vector.png 
Views:	33 
Size:	1.19 MB 
ID:	121015

I am struggling to work out borders on this map. Any assistance would be appreciated! Also, any recommendations for the current borders would be super helpful!

On a map like this, borders are often a plain line that someone has then manually gone over with a highlighter or light watercolor wash to make it pop out. I have done that a few times, and if so, I would just associate a different color with either each country, or at least each country that's touching.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Hey
    I really love the geography of this continent, makes me want to explore it!
    For the border, I agree with Tiana, you can highlight the borders with a light semi-transparent color, or why not try a color gradient like in this example?

Name:	d1rb9ij-012fea9a-49ef-4460-89b7-242405af04db.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	573.0 KB 
ID:	121076