Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Feb/Mar '20 Lite Mapping Challenge: New Horizon

Wip Feb/Mar '20 Lite Mapping Challenge: New Horizon

I never did SciFi mapping before, but decided to give it a try. I'm not sure how far I will get with this one and if I will ever be able to finish something noteworthy, but we will see. So here's a very rough start of the "New Horizon Spaceship" battlemap:

### Latest WIP ###Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SBM01_V1.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	688.4 KB 
ID:	120481

Welcome Aboard the challenge Styescape, the nice thing about starship floorplans is you can put in anything you want, who can argue with you?

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    Welcome Aboard the challenge Styescape, the nice thing about starship floorplans is you can put in anything you want, who can argue with you?
    You're totally right. Who would argue about cows in Spaceships after watching Firefly? So everything seems possible. But I decided to fill this one with a bit more "classic" interior. Here's what I managed so far:

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SBM01_V2.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	120515

I reworked the outside with some more detail, inside walls and windows and also finished the 2nd floor Cockpit interior. It includes some consoles, a starmap and a transporter.
    Last edited by Styescape; 02-22-2020 at 11:58 AM.

Looking great!

I'd love to see where this is going... interesting shape
    Like a thief in the night
    she comes with no form
    yet tranquility proceeds
    the accursed storm...

check out my new Deviant Art page!
    https://www.deviantart.com/ladiestorm

Default tBWPRd

I love that you have gone the opposite route from me and created a battleship. There's space for a proper blaster battle in there

Fitting in the second level and the outside look of the ship is a great way of doing it.

I might try and do mine in a cut-out style, paint the outside edges of the ship so it's like your x-ray vision seeing into the interior.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    Looking great!
    Quote Originally Posted by ladiestorm View Post
    I'd love to see where this is going... interesting shape

Thanks! I'm also excited where this is going, because I don't have a clue, what the result will be

Quote Originally Posted by TimetoDraw View Post
    I love that you have gone the opposite route from me and created a battleship. There's space for a proper blaster battle in there

Fitting in the second level and the outside look of the ship is a great way of doing it.

I might try and do mine in a cut-out style, paint the outside edges of the ship so it's like your x-ray vision seeing into the interior.
    Might a good idea to try that! I really did the opposite thing, because I started with the inside as battle map and it looked a bit too boring, so I decided to add the outside for a little more "creative design space"
    Maybe we should add your fighter into the hangar of my battleship after the challenge... combined forces

Quote Originally Posted by Styescape View Post
    Thanks! I'm also excited where this is going, because I don't have a clue, what the result will be

Might a good idea to try that! I really did the opposite thing, because I started with the inside as battle map and it looked a bit too boring, so I decided to add the outside for a little more "creative design space"
    Maybe we should add your fighter into the hangar of my battleship after the challenge... combined forces
    docking at my space port

Quote Originally Posted by Levtrona View Post
    docking at my space port
    We build a combined challenge picture afterwards... now that I'm thinking about that... there isn't a "Community building project" for scifi, right? Maybe we now have one

Again more details, had some fun (and crying) with the production of boxes, barrels and mechs which are ready now. The Fighter have to be reworked though, don't like them yet.

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SBM01_V3.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	120579

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast