Thread: French Colonies of Mars

Default French Colonies of Mars

This is a big one, so I will do another page for the resources map (I'll post it later in this thread).
    I will go east next (to Orcus and the Indian colonies).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CFM.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	6.23 MB 
ID:	120698

And the french version

Name:	CFM vf.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	6.26 MB 
ID:	120699

Hope you'll like it!

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Wow!
    First of all, your map is beautiful!!!
    And second: what an imagination !!!
    It's really fantastic! At the same time a completely futuristic map, but with a retro look, which reminds us of those very big maps we had in classrooms at the time when there were no audiovisual means yet.
    It really gives credibility and a story to your drawing.
    Moreover, the names of the towns and villages are splendid: they look old and evocative, they also remind us of the distant earth.
    It's a really beautiful cartographic and geographical work, as you know how to do so well!

Guild Journeyer Guild Sponsor Klaus van der Kroft's Avatar

C'est magnifique!

I just love when fictional maps like these would look completely normal on a library atlas.

Very well done indeed!

Another superb and immersive work, Ilanthar ! The map itself is perfect, and you always have my deepest admiration for those mountains !

The colonial era feel of the graphic chart isperfect and the map itself is, as usual, beyond that Chapeau bas messire !

By - JO -

Wow!
    First of all, your map is beautiful!!!
    And second: what an imagination !!!
    It's really fantastic! At the same time a completely futuristic map, but with a retro look, which reminds us of those very big maps we had in classrooms at the time when there were no audiovisual means yet.
    It really gives credibility and a story to your drawing.
    Moreover, the names of the towns and villages are splendid: they look old and evocative, they also remind us of the distant earth.
    It's a really beautiful cartographic and geographical work, as you know how to do so well!
    Thanks so much, Joël ! You're pushing me forward to do more.
    And there is more to come !

By Klaus van der Kroft
    C'est magnifique!
    I just love when fictional maps like these would look completely normal on a library atlas.
    Very well done indeed!
    Thanks, Klaus ! That 's the objective. In my dreams, would do atlas with those.

By MistyBeee
    Another superb and immersive work, Ilanthar ! The map itself is perfect, and you always have my deepest admiration for those mountains !
    Thanks a lot, Beee! Those are soooo long to do . But meanwhile, I must confess that I love to see the land appear under my stylus .

By ThomasR
    The colonial era feel of the graphic chart isperfect and the map itself is, as usual, beyond that Chapeau bas messire !
    Thanks, Thomas ! Some people kindly suggested me to do more, and I couldn't refuse .

And here is the second page about resources. I couldn't resist to do a wine label.
    Because, you know, where there are french people, there are wines ...

Name:	CFM2.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	6.02 MB 
ID:	120720

And the french version

Name:	CFM2 vf.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	6.05 MB 
ID:	120721

I've been looking for a Nouvelle-Saint-Étienne. Some names really sound familiar to me and it makes me wonder about their etymology. Are they all based off actual town names in France?

I'm in love with the maps anyway. ç_ç It reminds me of colonial maps from the past, except it's futuristic. It's inspiring but extreeeemely daunting. I love them more than I can tell. ç_ç
    My website (commissions open)
    My LinkTree (to find me everywhere)

Another perfect example of world building served by an efficient design.

It's always a pleasure to discover new maps from this atlas.

I like the idea of the martian wine label, it's very well done !

... Santé !
    My Website
    You can also find my work on :

Twitter . Instagram . Artstation . Behance

By Eowyn Cwper
    I've been looking for a Nouvelle-Saint-Étienne. Some names really sound familiar to me and it makes me wonder about their etymology. Are they all based off actual town names in France?
    I'm in love with the maps anyway. ç_ç It reminds me of colonial maps from the past, except it's futuristic. It's inspiring but extreeeemely daunting. I love them more than I can tell. ç_ç
    Well, I've still the french colonies of Argyre (on Mars), Atlantide and Venusian Antilles (on Venus) to do, so I can place a Nouvelle-St-Etienne somewhere !
    About the names, it's a mix : I often take small towns that exists (sometimes with a little change) or choose a "new" something or "mars" something, or take inspiration from present martian places.
    And thanks a lot, Eowyn !

By Marc Moureau
    Another perfect example of world building served by an efficient design.

It's always a pleasure to discover new maps from this atlas.

I like the idea of the martian wine label, it's very well done !

... Santé !
    Thanks a lot Marc ! There are more to come (even though It will take time to do the lands on the other side of the Olympian Sea).
    Glad you like the wine label, I could probably have worked it a little more, but well...