Thread: The World of Arkan - Getting Started

Wip The World of Arkan - Getting Started

Hi,

First time contributor to the site.

I've started on a set of maps for my homebrew RPG that I hope to be able to share and get some feedback on as the project evolves. I've attached a lower-res snippet of part of my topographical map. This was generated and mostly edited using Fractal Terrain 3 with processing in Wilbur.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	arkan6 world shrink.png 
Views:	140 
Size:	1.34 MB 
ID:	120506

The oceanic trenches don't look very good so I need to think about how those could be drawn better.

And this is a more detailed view of part of the world.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	arkan6 ne.png 
Views:	111 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	120505

Although the world is Earth-like I'm going to have some fun (not fun) when I move onto the climatology next. A magical "incident" in the past has left two elemental poles on opposite sides of the planet - one which is exceedingly hot, while the other is exceedingly cold. The local area is obviously going to be impacted but the trickier thing to model will be the regional on the weather with each pole spawning very low and very high pressure systems respectively.Its going to be fun trying to get that right, but that's not a problem until next time.

In the meantime I'm interested in feedback from anyone who has the time.

I'm always hella impressed when people get these sorts of results out of Wilbur and FT. I really struggle to understand either.
    I think the elevation looks great already, and those Wilbur rivers are just a beauty!
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.