Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One of many Library Floor Layouts titled "Books in the Common Language"

Guild Novice Guild Sponsor

Wip One of many Library Floor Layouts titled "Books in the Common Language"

If you feel so inclined, I welcome your comments especially if you feel something needs adding to the library's text.

Thank YouClick image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1414.JPG 
Views:	76 
Size:	1.49 MB 
ID:	120736
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1408 - Copy.JPG 
Views:	51 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	120651  
    Last edited by pwbinde; 03-04-2020 at 07:18 PM.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1409-50.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	919.0 KB 
ID:	120686 Here's the finished sketch. Time to ink.

Guild Journeyer Guild Sponsor Klaus van der Kroft's Avatar

This is fantastic.

I'll be keeping an eye on this one!

Thank you. At the moment I'm inking and attempting to provide some shading, but I'm mediocre at best. What do you think? Are these shelves good enough? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1410.JPG 
Views:	49 
Size:	507.6 KB 
ID:	120691

Quote Originally Posted by pwbinde View Post
    At the moment I'm inking and attempting to provide some shading, but I'm mediocre at best. What do you think?
    I'd disagree, I think you're far better than mediocre, this looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by pwbinde View Post
    Are these shelves good enough?
    They look fabulous and are full of character - the "end of the day" look after students and scholars have been messing up the the librarians' careful arrangements.

This is excellent! I've wanted to draw a library for a while, but the thought of drawing in all those books terrifies me

I think your shelves are looking good. There is enough detail to tell what they are, but they are still loose enough to keep the line work nice and light.

Well, it's done for the moment. (I do need to erase as well) I'd like to hang some crystal chandeliers and do something with the latrine, but I need to see how the other floor maps will fit in with this one first. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1414.JPG 
Views:	64 
Size:	1.67 MB 
ID:	120708

Oh, how did I miss this one ! I love the concept so much, Pw !
    It's sprobably too late, but celestial charts and globes could be a good addition to the map area, and "on fairies" somewhere...?
    Anyway, you already have me lost in the library : I'll camp somewhere between Heraldry and Architecture ^^

Quote Originally Posted by MistyBeee View Post
    Oh, how did I miss this one ! I love the concept so much, Pw !
    It's sprobably too late, but celestial charts and globes could be a good addition to the map area, and "on fairies" somewhere...? ^^
    Thank you! Should I put "On Fairies" or "On Fey"? And do you want it to be a large stack or a smaller shelf? Here's your chance to leave an impression that will show on the final print.

There's no need to be lost. Not with our lovely rooms for rent in three sizes suitable for any stay.

Also, I love the idea of celestial charts and the like. Perhaps on the next floor with Magic as the theme?

"On Fey" sounds perfect to me, but as I'm not as good as I would like in English, I'm never sure if I catch all the subtleties ^^
    Hehe... 'love the idea of a tiny shelf. Don't forget to provide magnifying glasses in case human-sized people need to read the books !

I think I would be even more lost in a human bed as I am in any book. Bees rarely need to rent bedrooms : a hole in the wood somewhere on a shelf is perfect for a nap ^^

Oh, oh... a second floor ? That sounds interesting

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast