Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Orcus Territory

Map Orcus Territory

Here's the Orcus Territory with its numerous islands, shoals, currents and fishermen.
    I do hope I'll be able to do some global mars before the end of 2020...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Orcus Territory.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	5.97 MB 
ID:	120773

And the french version

Name:	Orcus Territory VF.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	6.00 MB 
ID:	120774

Hope you'll like it!

Edit: updated versions, corrected thanks to TimetoDraw's comment
    Last edited by Ilanthar; 03-09-2020 at 09:55 AM.

It's nice, it well made.
    Looking at it closely, I noticed how low the GDP is.
    If the country was on Earth, it would be considered very poor based on the data from 1949-1950.
    By comparison, France had apparently a GDP per capita of around 7000 $ USD at the time.

By Azélor
    It's nice, it well made.
    Looking at it closely, I noticed how low the GDP is.
    If the country was on Earth, it would be considered very poor based on the data from 1949-1950.
    By comparison, France had apparently a GDP per capita of around 7000 $ USD at the time.
    Thanks, Azélor !
    Yes, it's intentional, reflecting the difference between new colonies (and colonies in general) and the Metropole.

Fore example, in this setting, the GDP per capita of Netherlands (one of the Concordat member) is 4915.80$ and in France it's 5034$.

Your Mars atlases are definitely my favourite map artworks of all ever. As a matter of fact, it's so good that it's one of the extremely few times that I prefer to read in French than English. But that's the original version too somewhat.
    My website (commissions open)
    My LinkTree (to find me everywhere)

Amazing maps. Every things seems to be real. Do you use real martian maps to amke this one ?

Very official looking, this is excellent.

Just from a graphic design perspective, is it possible to fit the legend within the width of the images? Like so?

Name:	Orcus-VF-1-margin.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	68.5 KB 
ID:	120770

And a consistent margin the whole way around? My eye is drawn to the fact it sits out slightly, not meaning to offend

Can't rep you again so soon but another fantastic map off your production line.

By Eowyn Cwper
    Your Mars atlases are definitely my favourite map artworks of all ever. As a matter of fact, it's so good that it's one of the extremely few times that I prefer to read in French than English. But that's the original version too somewhat.
    Thanks a lot, Eowyn ! And I'm certainly more confident with french text/labels, especially when I have entire sentences to write.

By Chris CB
    Amazing maps. Every things seems to be real. Do you use real martian maps to amke this one ?
    Thanks, Chris ! Yes, I'm using a NASA map as reference (even if I'm not drawing most of the craters or I turn them into mountains).

By TimetoDraw
    Very official looking, this is excellent.
    Just from a graphic design perspective, is it possible to fit the legend within the width of the images? Like so?
    And a consistent margin the whole way around? My eye is drawn to the fact it sits out slightly, not meaning to offend
    Thank you, TimetoDraw ! And thanks for your input, you're absolutely right. I'm recently trying to fit them in a standard page (A4) and I clearly didn't pay attention enough on this one.
    I checked the previous, and it's not that much off-balance (a bit of a margin issue on the previous one, maybe). I'll try to rework this one and to consider those good points for the next ones .

By QED42
    Can't rep you again so soon but another fantastic map off your production line.
    Thanks a lot, my friend ! And no worries, I value your kind comment more.
    Well, if only I actually had a production line !

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Still as impressive as ever, as much the artistic work with the drawing, as the creative work with the imaginary world! If I understand correctly, you've started a hell of a job! I'm already looking forward to seeing what happens next! (are you also going to bring a historical background with this atlas?)

I want this in a book, just to drool on it and hate myself for it. ... ok, I might need help but this is awesome

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast