Thread: Wooden Walls (FREE)

Post Wooden Walls (FREE)

So I don't know how you all feel about using repeating textures or filling line-work, but it gets a little old for me. I found these awesome walls from Lokistics (go here: https://www.deviantart.com/lokistics...Pack-651483480) and wanted to make a different version because the stone didn't work for me.

I don't know who made this (https://rpgmapshare.com/piwigo/galle...28/category/38) but I used it to make the general shape of the walls and posts and used the texture. Basing the design on Lokistics work, I made a bunch of different variations for anyone to use. The naming of the files is my attempt at making it make sense. There are: horizontal (h) and vertical (v), left (l) and right (r), up (u) and down (d), cardinal directions (nesw), and crosses (x), along with short (to indicate a post in that direction) and long (to indicate a wall in that direction).

The images below are examples and the .zip file will have 5 folders: the original pieces, the wall pieces with no drop shadow, the wall pieces with 1 drop shadow, the wall pieces with 2 drop shadows (my favorite), and the singular drop shadows themselves.

Please don't sell these anywhere, but feel free to use them for whatever you like (non-commercial or commercial). Credit me if you can, but if you forget, don't worry about it.
    *if you do use these, please post a picture on this thread so I can see what you've made!*

Any criticisms or comments are welcome -
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ww - hl - ws.png 
Views:	30 
Size:	11.2 KB 
ID:	120943   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	23 
Size:	14.2 KB 
ID:	120944   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	23 
Size:	15.1 KB 
ID:	120945   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	29 
Size:	4.6 KB 
ID:	120946  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Praise Thank you

This is wonderful! You did a great job. Only critique I could make is maybe adding a bit more textural shading and depth to make the wood have more of an actual wood texture look. Otherwise you did a fantastic job. Thank you so much for posting this for all of us on here, you're a saint!! <3

Thanks for the compliment! I'll see if I can modify it a bit to be more "wood-like" lol. I'm new to making this kind of stuff so I appreciate the critique