Thread: Greetings from global pandemic lockdown!

Default Greetings from global pandemic lockdown!

Hello world, and those who draw them. I'm Dave, visiting from Delaware, USA where we, like so many, are busily enjoying huge amounts of unexpected family togetherness time. As a way to try and manage the strain, I've started down the rabbit hole of trying to run one or more games of D&D. And what does a budding DM never have enough of? Maps, of course.

Back in my misspent youth, I quite enjoyed drawing dozens of maps and floor plans for castles, dungeons, lairs, and more abstracted world maps for the D&D games I wanted to run. But with the exception of a moderately successful group in grad school, very few of those creations ever saw the light of play. Now, in my misspent adulthood, I've had the good fortune to play in a couple of longer campaigns with friends online through VTT interfaces, mainly Fantasy Grounds. I'm looking forward to chances to DM for some of those same friends, as well as for my kids as a valuable stand-in for the school they are missing.

For now, I expect I will mainly be lurking, shamelessly stealing (but with full attribution and purely for personal use!) the beautiful and useful fruits of others labors to adapt to my own settings. As I become more adept with editing software, though, I hope to start giving back some of my own adaptations, derivative works, and new creations to the greater community to shamelessly steal in return.

Cheers,
    Dave

Welcome to the party! It's been said on the boards before, but it bears repeating - one of the few upsides of all this is how we suddenly have more time to work on our maps and games due to being stuck indoors.

Feel free to lurk as much as your heart desires, but we'd love it if you feel like joining the fun on the sunny side too! As you mentioned learning editing software, I can't recommend taking a stroll down the tutorial section enough, in case you haven't done so already. I personally have learned pretty much everything I know about digital artwork from these things. Might help you along your way as well.

Well, in any case, glad to have you along! Don't hesitate to ask if you need anything.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Welcome! I hope you'll enjoy every step of progress-making!
    My website (commissions open)
    My LinkTree (to find me everywhere)