Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Southlands

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Default The Southlands

Hey fellow Guildies! Sorry I haven't been around much... or at all... the last few months. As Kell put it, life has swallowed me. Don't know that I'll be here much going forward either, but I did finish a map! I kinda lost my mojo/motivation, but thanks to Azgaar's Maps, I've at least done a little. Did this one using Azgaar to build the continents, then added on from there. Pretty simple, but I like the way it looks, especially the way that program generates rivers.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TheSouthlands1.jpg 
Views:	2134 
Size:	2.86 MB 
ID:	121002  

I'm just glad to know that you're alive and mapping.
    That app is pretty cool. Interesting to see what it can do.
    I'll have to take a more in-depth look later.
    Might be a fun jumping off point for a challenge.

Will echo John, it's good to know that you're still among the living and still mapping, Mr. D. That came out nice. Hopefully you'll be able to pop in every once in a while going forward from here.
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

I'm with John and GW, I'm just relieved to know you are still among the living. You have been missed. Take care of yourself, the Guild will be here waiting when you are ready to return.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

I shall mimic what they have said! Happy to know you are still with us!! Many have wondered, none have known. Til now.

Stay safe in this crazy world we are living in.

And Cool Map!!

Excelent map Diamond. This software looks quite nice. As J.E. mentioned, this could be nice for a challenge.
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

D!!! As I live and breathe! Damn, dude, am I psyched to see you surface again, even briefly!

I can tell the coastlines are from somewhere else, your own have a very distinctive look to them, but I agree, the end result looks very nice. Good colours, and I always enjoy seeing those rhumb lines.

As I said, glad to see you map again even a little. Hope you'll get your mojo fully back soon, and life isn't treating you too harshly. Take care out there!
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

I like the elevation map mixed with the forest symbol. It is interesting to consider how those can be used to show wooded mountains etc.

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Oooh! It's so good to hear from you! I hope everything's all right with you and your loved ones? We've missed you around here... Thank you for this very interesting discovery. I didn't know Azgaar, and it's a very good resource. As Kell says, your "touch" on this map is clearly recognizable, and it's a pleasure to find your art again. I hope you'll be able to visit us more frequently in the future... I especially hope that life is good for you...

Now that is what i call "a triumphant return"!! As always, your maps just hit the sweetspot for my map-tastes.

In all seriousness, super glad you're okay, D!
    Honestly, I started to worry (I even sent you an email, not sure you've seen it or if the email you have at the Guild is still a valid one?).

Anyway, I hope you'll be here more regularly again and i also hope you and yours are healthy and safe vis-a-vis the whole Corona crisis.

Cheers!
    E.
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast