Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eastern Athearn & The Mirrorwood

Damn, I could've sworn I commented on this already.

I love the way you drew this. I'll have to agree with you on the akwardness of ancient maps and how charming said awkwardness tends to be, and I think you captured that fantastically. Gorgeous lettering too! Is that all done freehand?

There's also something about this that makes me think of the Dreamworks animated movie The Road to El Dorado for some reason?
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Yes, the lettering is all done by hand as I wanted it to really blend with the rest. It's done in Photoshop though, so there's always the hallowed 'undo' :p

I love The Road to El Dorado, by the way! Though I can't say I thought of it while making this, it's undoubtedly part of my image database. So who knows what unconscious references I might've put in, haha.

This "old style" is looking great. I like the different elements and the choice of perspective. Nicely done!

This is just such a fun and wonderful map.
    Truly exceptional work, Joe

Guild Novice

Default well done!

I really enjoy this map. The lettering is extremely satisfying in how it feels like it was penned by actual inhabitant of Athearn. I could really get lost in this map - maybe literally as it was intentionally charted with inaccuracies. Well done!

Randomly came back here after a few years and really enjoyed reading your comments J.Edward and Brendan. Thank you!

Nice work. Some of the details reminded me of the style of the painter Gerhard Munthe.

https://no.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%...and_Design.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12