Thread: March 2020 Challenge: Dragormon's Lair

Professional Artist Guild Donor Sapiento's Avatar

Wip March 2020 Challenge: Dragormon's Lair

Thanks to Corona I have time to pariticipate in a challenge. I present you Dragormon's Lair - a transdimensional plane where Dragormon the Foul, overlord of the demons, has been banished after he lost the final battle against the Luminoi.

Excerpt from the Book of the World
    Argimas, 22
    And so the armies of light and darkness met on the plane of Darmaron. From the east the shining army of the Luminoi, thousands and thousands of banners and spears and shields, led by Yronat the Golden, mighty and wise. From the west the stinking army of the Abydoi, rusty swords and bloody axes, led by Dragormon the Foul, sly and brutal…
    ...When the sun broke through the clouds and the peaks of the Blaka mountains glittered like gold in the light, Yronat the Golden ordered the attack. Like one man the army of light marched forward, shattering the earth with the rythm of the march, the air filled with the sound of the silver horns…
    ...Hours over hours lasted the slaughter, angels and demons alike laying on the dry ground…
    ...The sun already begun to set, when finally Yronat and his Golden Guard broke through the lines around the Abydoi center, attacking the foul Lord himself…
    …Hard was the clash and loud when Yronat‘s war hammer, Grabok, shattered Dragormon‘s shield. The Lord of the Dark stumbled and retreated. Thus was the last stroke for the army of darkness. Moral broken and bodies smashed, the demons and devils fled…
    ...Dragormon and his demon princes escaped through an elemental portal, but what he planned as escape turned out as the beginning of his banishment. With a mighty blow of Grabok Yronat smashed the portal, destroying all means of return for the demons. For now and all times, Dragormon and his minions were banned to the plane of corruption.

Inspired by Wayne Barlowe, Keith Thompson and Hieronymus Bosch.

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dragormons Lair s.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	3.05 MB 
ID:	121233  
    Last edited by Sapiento; 03-30-2020 at 08:38 AM.

I love the minimal colour scheme. The red and yellow really stands out as a result.

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Greg's Avatar

As always, your use of that dark red is gorgeous. Very snazzy map!

Wow, this is so dark and scary… Amazing.
    My website (commissions open)
    My LinkTree (to find me everywhere)

I like the fine details, like the vigilant eyes, the runes on the fortress, and the bold color choice. I can't wait to see where this goes!
    Like a thief in the night
    she comes with no form
    yet tranquility proceeds
    the accursed storm...

check out my new Deviant Art page!
    https://www.deviantart.com/ladiestorm

So mind bendingly creative, love the hand held eyes!

Professional Artist Guild Donor Sapiento's Avatar

Thank you all! It was quite funny to come up with all those places on the map.

Whoa, that's all kinds of dark and wicked cool! Not familiar with the story, but very nice work.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh