Map of Valentine Navalia:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Map of Valentine Navalia - Colored - Cart Guild.Jpg 
Views:	266 
Size:	2.66 MB 
ID:	121289

Drawn on paper then revised with GIMP.

Backstory:
    After many years of exile, Prince Valentine de Gavrillac found proof of his innocence of the crimes, of which he had been charged. Regaining the throne of Agmar, he did many great things as his forefather Lord Cedric had done. One of his wonders was the Lux Aeterna Castle and the City of Valentine Navalia. The craftsmen of the city wrought fabulous ships of magnificent size and strength. The new ships are then towed to the waterfall's edge, and slowly lowered down the departure rails into the ocean below. Likewise, ships that enter this mountain harbor, are winched up the departure rails, and towed to the docks.

Comment and tell me what you think. Criticism is welcome!
    Last edited by The Elderly Cartographer; 04-02-2020 at 01:23 PM.

Visit my business site: The Elderly Cartographer
    For commissions: Fiverr
    Follow me on Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and DeviantArt

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

I would not go swimming in that harbor! The current would be fast. Really neat and creative idea!

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Daelin's Avatar

Very interesting map indeed. Quite creative and unusual location for a settlement, not to speak of the harbor. I am curious as to how ships would enter the docks? Perhaps a giant winch of some kind could pull a ship up the rails. Also, I do agree with Arimel, the current would be dramatic, so the rails probably need to be extended to cover the entire precipice of the waterfall to act like a funnel, or a ship might be pushed over the edge of the fall before it can properly align.
    Besides that, a very cool and fantastical map.

Quote Originally Posted by Arimel View Post
    I would not go swimming in that harbor! The current would be fast. Really neat and creative idea!
    Thank you, Arimel!
    I had never thought about swimming there... Though I'm sure a few of the locals have gone over the falls in barrels just for fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelin View Post
    Very interesting map indeed. Quite creative and unusual location for a settlement, not to speak of the harbor. I am curious as to how ships would enter the docks? Perhaps a giant winch of some kind could pull a ship up the rails. Also, I do agree with Arimel, the current would be dramatic, so the rails probably need to be extended to cover the entire precipice of the waterfall to act like a funnel, or a ship might be pushed over the edge of the fall before it can properly align.
    Besides that, a very cool and fantastical map.
    Thanks, Daelin!
    Actually, I created this from a dream I had about the Grey Havens (Lord of the Rings). In my dream the Grey Havens ended in a waterfall, instead of opening to the sea, and the ships would just 'float' down to the water below. Lol. Talking about bizarre! The more I thought about it, the more I liked the idea. I made some practical changes and ended up with this.
    I like the what you said about the funnel-like rails. I wish, I could go back and add that. By the way, I edited my post to explain better, how a ship enters the harbor.
    Thanks for the advise!

Visit my business site: The Elderly Cartographer
    For commissions: Fiverr
    Follow me on Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and DeviantArt