Quote Originally Posted by Arimel View Post
I would not go swimming in that harbor! The current would be fast. Really neat and creative idea!
Thank you, Arimel!
I had never thought about swimming there... Though I'm sure a few of the locals have gone over the falls in barrels just for fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelin View Post
Very interesting map indeed. Quite creative and unusual location for a settlement, not to speak of the harbor. I am curious as to how ships would enter the docks? Perhaps a giant winch of some kind could pull a ship up the rails. Also, I do agree with Arimel, the current would be dramatic, so the rails probably need to be extended to cover the entire precipice of the waterfall to act like a funnel, or a ship might be pushed over the edge of the fall before it can properly align.
Besides that, a very cool and fantastical map.
Thanks, Daelin!
Actually, I created this from a dream I had about the Grey Havens (Lord of the Rings). In my dream the Grey Havens ended in a waterfall, instead of opening to the sea, and the ships would just 'float' down to the water below. Lol. Talking about bizarre! The more I thought about it, the more I liked the idea. I made some practical changes and ended up with this.
I like the what you said about the funnel-like rails. I wish, I could go back and add that. By the way, I edited my post to explain better, how a ship enters the harbor.
Thanks for the advise!