Thread: The Realm of Clandestina (WIP) - First map I'm proud of showing off :)

Guild Applicant

Wip The Realm of Clandestina (WIP) - First map I'm proud of showing off :)

This is the first map I've made that I'm proud of showing off It's still a work in progress, but I'd love to know what you think.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gIbo0KR.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	4.76 MB 
ID:	124998  

This is really cool! I really like the way you've done the lakes and water, they have a terrific sense of depth. The forests feel really organic too, I love the way they blend somewhat into the landscape around them.

I think my eye's been tricked into mixing up region borders and rivers. When I first looked at it I was like "whoa, crazy rivers going everywhere" but then I had a closer look and I think most of what I thought were rivers are actually borders. Is that right? If that's the case - and it's not to difficult to edit - it might help to change the colour or brightness of the border lines.

Awesome stuff, I'm reading all the names and I wish I could drop down in and start exploring. Great work!

Guild Applicant

Quote Originally Posted by Shamension View Post
    This is really cool! I really like the way you've done the lakes and water, they have a terrific sense of depth. The forests feel really organic too, I love the way they blend somewhat into the landscape around them.

I think my eye's been tricked into mixing up region borders and rivers. When I first looked at it I was like "whoa, crazy rivers going everywhere" but then I had a closer look and I think most of what I thought were rivers are actually borders. Is that right? If that's the case - and it's not to difficult to edit - it might help to change the colour or brightness of the border lines.

Awesome stuff, I'm reading all the names and I wish I could drop down in and start exploring. Great work!
    Thank you so much!

Yeah, some of the rivers go along a few borders, and the colors end up being a bit smushed. I'll probably change the border colors to pop more. It's easier to tell the difference when the map is huge, but the map won't always be huge.

A really good job overall! The colors are pleasant and the names make me want to know more about the world - do you have some kind of conlang, or you make them on the spot?

I really like the watercolor texture of water! Very nice detail.

I loved the textures! Especially the sea/ocean and mountains. The shapes of the rivers are quite nice as well. Coming along really nice. The borders are a bit confusing like Shamension said but you are already on the subject. Maybe some more definiton on the shorelines can be good as well.

Great work so far!