Thread: Greetings from Australian newbie

Default Greetings from Australian newbie

Hi gang,

This is all quite new to me - though I have been playing with hand-drawn maps since the 80s. Nothing as impressive as I've seen here though!

I'm a dad, former musician, music journalist and have been a university lecturer for the last 10 years. I preferred the tabletop game and found myself painting minis, handcrafting terrain and running a
    I got back into D&D and RPGs last year after a 30 year break and I'm guessing that, like many new members, I've had to reinvent how to DM my game and create maps in the wake of COVID-19 and social distancing. I've gotten a subscription to Roll20 and I must admit it's all quite daunting. I'm pretty time poor due to the demands of the job and looking after over 500 stressed-out students, many disadvantaged (all online now) and the learning curve is huge. There are so many aspects to playing online that need immersion and more money than I was expecting.

I feel quite out of my depth but I'm throwing myself at it bit by bit. I've seen some really encouraging things here and such impressive work and am looking forward to learning from the community. Thanks for having such a newbie on board.

Sounds like you've got your hands full at the moment, I'm glad you are still finding at least a little time for gaming and other fun things. It's a strange time for all of us. Should you feel like sharing your cartographic work and learning more, the Guild is here for you. Novices and masters alike welcome to these high halls. Take a look around, and don't hesitate to ask if you need something. Nice to have you along, welcome to the Guild!
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.