Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ***April 2020 Challenge - Map a Western**

Quote Originally Posted by Tiana View Post
    Does this have to be based on an existing Western or just a Westernesque setting?
    I guess that depends upon how close the "Westernesque" setting is. For instance, a sci-fi western setting such as Westworld or Firefly would work because the look and feel of the towns and technology is similar enough, but a modern day story based in the west (aka Longmire) might be a bit of a stretch. Then again, if you can come up with a good enough rationale to make the map "feel" like it is at home in a western then go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post
    I guess that depends upon how close the "Westernesque" setting is. For instance, a sci-fi western setting such as Westworld or Firefly would work because the look and feel of the towns and technology is similar enough, but a modern day story based in the west (aka Longmire) might be a bit of a stretch. Then again, if you can come up with a good enough rationale to make the map "feel" like it is at home in a western then go for it.
    This might no longer be relevant because I have a really dumb idea that is 100% based on, well... you know what, I think it would count, if I can find a digitized version of the original media to reference the locations of objects in the scene cause Ti does not have a VHS player. Anyway, if you think Westworld or Firefly counts, this fandom (I use that word very loosely) DEFINITELY counts.

Besides, it looks like everyone's just been going with generic western setting rather than mapping out a location from a known western movie or book. Which is what I was wondering about. Like, does it have to be the OK Correl. Clearly not, if "train robbery" suffices. My original idea was very much just "generic Western style event" but the one I have now... well...

It's specific. It's very specific. And it's so very mappable. I won't spoil it though. A childhood favorite. Not a quality western, but it definitely counts. Eeheehee.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiana View Post
    You can literally always post a map here, probably in Finished Maps or Regional Maps depending on your choice.
    Done... it's here: https://www.cartographersguild.com/s...ad.php?t=46492

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12