Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ***April 2020 Challenge - Map a Western**

Default ***April 2020 Challenge - Map a Western**

Saddle up your ponies gang cause this month we're take'n a trip to the wild wild west! That's right, move over Wild Bill Hickok, step aside Jesse James there's a new kid in town. Better be sure that you're quick on the draw with your stylus cause you can bet'cher butt there's like to be a showdown!

Now, you can map a battlefield. You can map a town. You can map a saloon. Heck you can even map a shootout, don't rightly matter. The theme is the main thing you see. But whatever you do, just be sure it's ready by high noon on the last day of this month.

And one more thing, it's best you follow the rules amigo, else The Lawman will be coming for you, and Hell's coming with him!

1) Title your thread: April 2020 Challenge: <<your title would go here>>
    2) Use the ### Latest WIP ### tag before EVERY work-in-progress image you post... or else.
    3) Only maps begun on or after today (April 5th) are eligible for the contest.

Let me guess, doesn’t matter if the map is Good, Bad or Ugly?

That is the best brief I've heard in a while!
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Greg's Avatar

Haha, yeah, really getting into character there Arsheesh!

I love Westerns so would be awesome to join in this challenge if a good idea comes along!

Hui never did a Western Map. hm have to think about it.
    A real challenge.

This sounds fun, I've been away for awhile, but with working from home and work slowing down, I might try my hand at this if I can remember how to draw. I'll do this in a top-down style that I've been using on a few of my maps. A train robbery in the mountains. above a western town where boulders have been used to block the train rails. Hopefully won't get side tracked.

That's a big coïncindence, I'm starting today a story as a DM that takes place in the 1880's far west. I've so many ideas of battle maps that I could submit several (at least 2).

I've got a question. I've already finished one of the map for my game. Can I show it here without entering the challenge with it?

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCB View Post
    I've got a question. I've already finished one of the map for my game. Can I show it here without entering the challenge with it?
    Sure, that would be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCB View Post
    You can literally always post a map here, probably in Finished Maps or Regional Maps depending on your choice.

Does this have to be based on an existing Western or just a Westernesque setting?

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast