Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Isometric marsh

I've been silent for a while because INKSCAPE, that's why !!! This software drove me nuts, but I wanted to have clean text and border, so...
    Here's the result. I struggled to find the right style and colors for this little duo, the main problem being that the two maps have their own palette, so I had to find something that would match both... I'm still not sure about that beige though. I might keep it, or try a light green.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MARAIS FINI.png 
Views:	39 
Size:	3.12 MB 
ID:	121517

I think the frame is a bit too much for the beautiful illustrations. it buries them, sort of. Then the frame itself is really beautiful. I like the Art Deco Style.
    The typeface for the dino description is different from the others. If it is meant to be, just ignore.

Thanks for your feedback Levtrona! You're right, the frame probably takes too much space... maybe I'll lighten it a bit so that it doesn't catch the eye too much? I spent too much time on it to throw it away haha And well spotted for the typo, that's indeed a small mistake I'll have to correct

Soooo, I figured I couldn't keep it that way... a friend of mine suggested yesterday that I try a B&W version of the whole thing. So I made one, and I kind of like the general feeling it gives to the map and the frame. But I still wanted to keep my color version because, damn, I work too hard on those colors So I made a second version, lighter and simpler.

Name:	MARAIS FINI NB bis.png 
Views:	14 
Size:	2.59 MB 
ID:	121541

Name:	Dyptique simplifié5.png 
Views:	46 
Size:	2.37 MB 
ID:	121542

I the end, I think the last one is my favorite. Thank you again Levtrona for your advice!

the last one is great.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12