Thread: Slope study

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Apprentice

I'll manage, StillCypher.

Haven't worked on maps alot since then, but I'll be sure to post my "ground tiles" once they're done. I still think my slope looks too much like a cliff; I'll try having less of an edge at the top and have all the slope illusion be a matter of lighting.

Ideally, the slopes, cliffs and everything will be tileable on ANY grass-themed ground texture. And I'll have Ascension comment on them before they're finalized.

By the way, Ascension, the main reason why I use bland textures without relief effects like yours is that I need my cliffs, slopes and all to be tileable. (This also gives me a hard time with irregular borders.) Do you know a way to get such effects, but tileable? I could get better results if I could find something similar to your 4th pic, but, again, tileable (and transparent intead of white).

Out of curiosity, what are the favorite tile-resolutions used by people around here? I use 64 out of old Gametable habit and I wonder which starting resolution I should work from for maximum compatibility.
    Last edited by Ceraus; 03-21-2009 at 10:20 PM.