Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: World of Curunir

I love the forest. I also prefer the uncrumpled version.

Pasis, would you mind putting your textures online for us other mappers to use?

Quote Originally Posted by MadLetter View Post
    Pasis, would you mind putting your textures online for us other mappers to use?
    Yes I can do that, no problem. I'm currently working on the tutorial version 1.4 and I will add the textures into the tutorial thread as soon as I get the v1.4 ready to be uploaded.

This makes me a happy mapper Thanks

Also: Looking forward to more tutorial stuff and your map here. Comes along superbly nice.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Dude, yer ready to start looking for pro work...this gets better and better and retains much more of an artistic look that game companies look for. Excellent work, my friend.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    Dude, yer ready to start looking for pro work...this gets better and better and retains much more of an artistic look that game companies look for. Excellent work, my friend.
    Thanks you Ascension for your compliments...

Latest WIP looks great. The water especially is fantastic. Tutorial on how you did that please?

Quote Originally Posted by Soixante View Post
    Tutorial on how you did that please?
    Here: Klick!

V1.3 included bodies of water beyond seas.

My PC broke down in beginning of the week and I have used an old laptop that is insufficient for PS CS3. I have managed to progress a bit, but I have to say that it is hard to proceed when you don’t have a clear picture of your goal or boundaries of any sort. So maybe I have to change my strategy a bit and think through some guidelines like the mountains and the water system.

Anyway here is the latest update where I have reworked the ground to add more variation and ground textures like grass and bushes etc. I also expanded the sea and created a new mountain range. The sea looks a bit too restless and I need to work on that later…
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WoC_3.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	1,018.3 KB 
ID:	11221  

Quote Originally Posted by pasis View Post
    My PC broke down in beginning of the week and I have used an old laptop that is insufficient for PS CS3. I have managed to progress a bit, but I have to say that it is hard to proceed when you don’t have a clear picture of your goal or boundaries of any sort. So maybe I have to change my strategy a bit and think through some guidelines like the mountains and the water system.

Anyway here is the latest update where I have reworked the ground to add more variation and ground textures like grass and bushes etc. I also expanded the sea and created a new mountain range. The sea looks a bit too restless and I need to work on that later…
    What would really make the sea pop out more, is a shoreline layer with a semitransparent layer.. so you could actually see the seabed near the shore and when the water would get deeper, it would just slowly fade to darker blue.. (and maybe you could add another layer over all of them with the small foamy wavetops etc.. just to make it rock even more. ) If you do the same to the river in a correct way.. even better

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast