Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Elzevir Geopolitics (2020 version)

Map Elzevir Geopolitics (2020 version)

I've been a bit absent these last days... Let's change this!
    Here is my new version of my Elzevir Earth geopolitical map. I kept the dymaxion projection, but turned in a more "usual" way and added mainly a lot of data on and around the map.

As usual lately, an english and a french version.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Earth G2.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	10.09 MB 
ID:	122195

French version
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Earth G2 VF.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	10.15 MB 
ID:	122196

I hope you'll like it!
    Last edited by Ilanthar; 04-28-2020 at 01:29 PM. Reason: Change swiss flag

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

Very nice! That is a very interesting projection. What is it if you don't mind me asking?

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Very nice uchronic map ! It helps understanding the world building you showed with the Martian maps

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Daelin's Avatar

When looking at your previous maps in this universe, I was wondering how people of the early 20th century had managed to get to Mars. Now I see, they used Blade Runner references. Ah yes, powerful technology, that. Now I'm left wondering how they managed to terraform Mars when the most efficient means of transportation is apparently still trains.

Great set you are creating. Love those maps. Definately worth golden globe, or at least featured map scroll
    unfortunately cant rep you. I must spread some to other people
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Schwarzkreuz's Avatar

Stuning work

I love the way Switzerland remains out of any alliance whatever uchronia ��
    Whatever happens you can always count on this : we won’t meddle...
    If you’re doing some corrections, there is another fact about Switzerland being appart : our flag is square, not rectangle...

Beautiful piece !

The way you managed to convey so much information in such an elegant manner is truly remarkable.
    My Website
    You can also find my work on :

Twitter . Instagram . Artstation . Behance

By Arimel
    Very nice! That is a very interesting projection. What is it if you don't mind me asking?
    Thanks Arimel ! It's a Fuller projection, or Buckminster-Fuller or Dymaxion (depending of who you ask) .

By - JO -
    Very nice uchronic map ! It helps understanding the world building you showed with the Martian maps [...]
    I love the way Switzerland remains out of any alliance whatever uchronia ��
    Whatever happens you can always count on this : we won’t meddle...
    If you’re doing some corrections, there is another fact about Switzerland being appart : our flag is square, not rectangle...
    Thanks a lot, Joël ! Well, I plan to do some other thematic maps. Yup, I could'nt imagine something else than a neutral status for Switzerland . And they have the Palace of Nations in Geneva, siege of the (powerful and with an army in my setting) League of Nations, so they are well protected as well .
    I did not know about the flag being a square. A particular reason for that?

By Daelin
    When looking at your previous maps in this universe, I was wondering how people of the early 20th century had managed to get to Mars. Now I see, they used Blade Runner references. Ah yes, powerful technology, that. Now I'm left wondering how they managed to terraform Mars when the most efficient means of transportation is apparently still trains.
    Yes, I confess being a Blade Runner fan (more than an Opera fan). The "gates" are quite mysterious, built by the great Professor Markus Tannhäuser and are like magical gates if you like.

By Voolf
    Great set you are creating. Love those maps. Definately worth golden globe, or at least featured map scroll
    unfortunately cant rep you. I must spread some to other people
    Thank you, Rafal ! And you're way too kind.

By Schwarzkeuz
    Stuning work
    Thanks, SK !

By Marc Moureau
    Beautiful piece !

The way you managed to convey so much information in such an elegant manner is truly remarkable.
    Thanks a lot, Marc ! And yes, this has been the hardest part of the map, placing the data. I did more than one try for that...
    Last edited by Ilanthar; 04-19-2020 at 09:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Thanks a lot, Joël ! Well, I plan to do some other thematic maps. Yup, I could'nt imagine something else than a neutral status for Switzerland . And they have the Palace of Nations in Geneva, siege of the (powerful and with an army in my setting) League of Nations, so they are well protected as well .
    I did not know about the flag being a square. A particular reason for that?
    Apparently it's because the swiss flag comes from military banner during middle-age.. and it stayed this way through the ages

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast