Thread: Palace De Dragor

Guild Member

Wip Palace De Dragor

Ok.
    Sitting like so many indoors right now, so i grabed a old sketch and started to transulate it to 3D:

First the Sketch
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200126_180933.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	121868

First i need to a basic colour scheme and roughout for the land. It once sat on the edge of a old sea, that has long gone and now the palaces main trade is salt from the great flats to the east. (the white boxes are place holders of approx building footprint.

Name:	Map Name Day GridLess y0495 x0529.png 
Views:	51 
Size:	2.26 MB 
ID:	121870
    with that done its time to start on the Trophy Platform, this structure contains monuments that celebrate victories, and every visitor has to pass them as a reminder of whom they are going to see. and then onward to the main palace.

Name:	Map Name Day GridLess y0180 x0366.png 
Views:	60 
Size:	2.42 MB 
ID:	121871

so far so good. proportions look right to preliminary sketch's so onward to main place buildings and older bastions now on the salt lake edge. and probably adapted from defense to lifting.

This looks awesome! I've been following this on the Discord and I'm excited to see you placing the buildings. I think you did a great job with the sand

Guild Member

ok got some more time, so added a bit more detail to the main Palace and started to flesh out the settlement. Also worked out the a bit of the history.
    We can see traces of when the lake was still navigatable, in the form of a old dockside and a old main entrance on the lake side, but now the palaces income comes from the extracting salt from the old lake bed, so i will need lifting machines, processing areas, storage, and a bazzar to control trade from. and the towers to aid keeping watch on the valuable resources.

Name:	Map Name Day GridLess y0246 x0284.png 
Views:	32 
Size:	2.50 MB 
ID:	122232

Name:	Map Name Day GridLess y0457 x0020.png 
Views:	31 
Size:	2.36 MB 
ID:	122233

Name:	Map Name Day GridLess y0364 x-0012.png