Thread: [BATTLEMAP] Shogun's Hideout

Map [BATTLEMAP] Shogun's Hideout

Hello all!
    I was looking for somewhere to share my completed battlemaps and a friend recommended here; so here I am!
    I make all my maps in Clip Studio Paint, using mostly assets from Forgotten Adventures.
    I made this as a boss battlemap, for a Asian style boss battle against a shogun or similar leader.
    Its grid size is 30x30.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shogun hideout 30x30.jpg 
Views:	195 
Size:	7.29 MB 
ID:	122051

I've got a bunch of maps to share, so assuming I haven't missed any rules, I'll post them up over the next few days. =)

This is easily one of the prettier battlemaps I've seen in a while! The textures and patterns are wonderful, I particularly love the way the water is rendered. Beautiful colours too. I really have to check these assets out... One thing I notice, there seems to be a shadow of a tree over what looks like a cut-down stump in the bottom left corner? Is that supposed to be there?

Nice work. Welcome to the Guild!
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

Really amazing! I must agree with Kellerica, this is a very pretty map. The details and yet cleanliness of the map is amazing. Great color choices as well!

Welcome to the Guild ModerateWinGuy! We love it when a new member jumps right in with their maps, so looking forward to seeing the rest of them. Great textures and elements, put together perfectly.

Guild Artisan

Very nicely put together. Love the colors, those Koi are huge.

I am guessing the shadow of the tree is to show foliage above it and allow play beneath its boughs. I might suggest going a little darker on that particular shadow if it is for that purpose.

Well done.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone
    @Kellerica & @Kier Yea, my intention for that was that that tree was without leaves and i wanted to be able to see the path and plants underneath it rather than the branches obscuring them like the entry walkway does.
    Although I can see how it could be a little confusing to have both trees with the branches shown, and some without.

My favorite thing about this is the sand garden. You use Clip Studio Paint too, so I must ask, is that just done with a rake type ribbon brush?

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

I cheated a little bit for the rake marks, i drew them with a brush that was a bunch of evenly spaced apart lines with the figure tool,
    then i saved just that layer out and used Photoshop and used the bevel and emboss layer style to do it since it just make much nicer 3d looking embossing than i could do manually in the same amount of time.

Guild Member Guild Sponsor

Thank you for sharing this great map