I've been using Wonderdraft for some time to make World maps/regional maps of my world, Térolim.

Here is the first map I made :
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Térolim-Géoen.png 
Views:	72 
Size:	4.92 MB 
ID:	124320
I wasn't fully satisfied with it for a lot of reasons, but I kept it for the moment.

My second regional map was this one :

Name:	Merfeu.PNG.png 
Views:	50 
Size:	1.23 MB 
ID:	124319
I made it for a RPG located in my world, and was happier with the colors.

My third regional map was this one :

Name:	Le Mécanisme.png 
Views:	40 
Size:	1.42 MB 
ID:	124318
I made it for a novel I am currently writing.

Now that I master a bit better the software, I want to create a new, high resolution ( and prettier version of the world map. I also changed a bit the geography of my world for this new map.
For now I managed to draw the land, the rivers, and to color it :

Name:	Térolim_Eaucol.png 
Views:	60 
Size:	8.95 MB 
ID:	124321
Next step will be to place the symbols (forests & mountains). I may have to alter a lot the mountains, especially the snow I put on top, but for this version of the map, I wanted to have a first nice-looking map.
Before doing so, I'm open to all criticism and advice about the current state of my map.

There is several things I want to specify about my world and themap project :
  • This is absolutely not supposed to be a realistic world. It is magical by nature : it is flat ; the circle is the physical border of the world ; the big lake at the center is fed by a magical infinite spring, which allows it to feed several major rivers...
  • This does not mean that I do not want critiques on the topography, climate, biomes...
  • The four corners represent the 4 seasons. For now I just colored them but I aim to have them represent the skies of the corresponding season
  • In am french, and I write in french, so the names of the places/geological features are in french

I'm open to all suggestions !