Thread: Inkscape just released 1.0

Default Inkscape just released 1.0

For any of you who use Inkscape and are interested they just released 1.0.

I wasn't expecting this it should be interesting. Apparently it was three years in development and I'm pretty stoked to see how it'll handle. Logos by Nick has a short video about the new stuff (on canvas alignment looks super convenient, also the support for 4k).

Edit: Here is the Inkscape promo video.
    Non destructive boolean operations is something I can't wait to check out, and the chamfer and fillet tool is definitely going to get some use.
    Last edited by Falconius; 05-05-2020 at 02:07 PM.

Ohh... I was waiting for this release. Thank you for the reminder.
    I have never try out all the features and checked the full potential of Inkscape (I usually do labels in it for my maps), but I do ocasionally some logo graphics for fun and to learn new stuff.

This new update brings so much to it, I cant wait to check it out.
    We are slowly stepping into era where free software developed by many is not only comparable to commercial, but I would say goes ahead of it with new features and solutions.
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

Just accidentally rotated the canvas, shift+ctrl+mouse wheel. The chamfer thing is pretty nifty.

A note for those who upgrade their current install to this version. Make sure the autosave is enabled, because on mine it turned off for some unearthly reason (why it wouldn't by default be engaged anyways in a new install is a mystery). Just lost like an hour or two of work. Argh!

Quote Originally Posted by Falconius View Post
    A note for those who upgrade their current install to this version. Make sure the autosave is enabled, because on mine it turned off for some unearthly reason (why it wouldn't by default be engaged anyways in a new install is a mystery). Just lost like an hour or two of work. Argh!
    I understand the pain.
    I have already developed a habit to hit Ctrl+S every now and then on top of autosaving.
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

Quote Originally Posted by Voolf View Post
    I understand the pain.
    I have already developed a habit to hit Ctrl+S every now and then on top of autosaving.
    Me too, I usually manually save after every certain amount of changes I make, part of a complete step. Of course when I forget to for a couple of hours is when the program is going to crash. I know why I forgot as well, it's because I got bored with the step I was working on and started to work on other tasks there instead of really completing what I was on and it broke my saving routine.