Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The MAD Cartographer | Portfolio

Map The MAD Cartographer | Portfolio

Hi everyone, I'm Alex, I'm The MAD Cartographer; the MAD stands for Map-A-Day on account of me releasing a new D&D/Fantasy battlemap every day (as well as variations). I only started up at the beginning of May and today I released my first Poster sized map (44"x32"), four times bigger than my daily 22x16 standard maps. Figured I'd share the last 24 hours labour here, and if you're interested you can download this map, as well as all my other free ones, from my Patreon. Hope you all find some use out of them!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MAD-Caverns-07-The-Excavation-70ppi-Watermark.jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	3.86 MB 
ID:	122492

www.patreon.com/themadcartographer

the number of rocks on, in, and around that eye make me extremely uncomfortable. that being said, it looks awesome and is a really rad idea for a map! thanks for sharing and welcome back

Thanks Hermit, I like how the rocks get to you, but the giant hooked chains keeping the eyelids open you're absolutely fine with

Here's my latest poster map!

The Lair of the Serpent King

Name:	Map14 Rescale.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	7.23 MB 
ID:	122928

Name:	MAD-5RoomDun-01-22x16-140ppi-SqGrid-Frozen-Temple-WM.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	1.12 MB 
ID:	124969

Hey all!

The Frozen Temple is the first free map from this month’s 5 Room Dungeons theme, where I’ll be making ten new 16x22 one-shot style dungeons that can be dropped into your campaign. You can download the free version of this map now from my Patreon:

This frozen temple map would sit perfectly in an arctic based campaign location, the variants include both a lava based Forge Temple to the Theros god Purphoros, and a cultist lair of 1000 Candles!

Hope you enjoy!

Guild Expert Facebook Connected XCali's Avatar

I have to applaud. This type of quality maps with a single days work? Very nice.

~ Maps-DriveThruRPG ~Free Maps and Assets ~Current Project ~

My web novels
    Instagram handle: instagram.com/omrihope
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ~The heavens declare the glory of God;
    the skies proclaim the work of His hands.
    Day after day they pour forth speech;
    night after night they reveal knowledge.
    ~ Psalm 19

Thanks XCali. I spend time making my assets first for a theme, then I can put the maps together a lot quicker, but yeh, in general the maps take a day Speaking of, here's my next one!

Name:	MAD-5RoomDung-02-22x16-140ppi-SqGrid-01-Bloodmines-WM.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	125005

Bloodmines is my newest free map from this month’s 5 Room Dungeons theme, where I’ll be making new 16x22 one-shot style dungeons all month that can be dropped into your campaign. You can download the free version of this map now from my Patreon:

https://www.patreon.com/themadcartographer

The Bloodmines offers a delve into a mysterious mine with two seclded secret areas; one behind a rock cave-in and the other through a small pool that leads into a room with a gate that leads into some unknown abyss!

Hope you enjoy!

Some very cool maps Alex! Thanks for sharing!

Blog Entries

A map a day is quite a challenging time scale but these examples that your providing are really awesome. These blood mines are really spectacular.

Default Use for game

Quote Originally Posted by The MAD Cartographer View Post
    Hi everyone, I'm Alex, I'm The MAD Cartographer; the MAD stands for Map-A-Day on account of me releasing a new D&D/Fantasy battlemap every day (as well as variations). I only started up at the beginning of May and today I released my first Poster sized map (44"x32"), four times bigger than my daily 22x16 standard maps. Figured I'd share the last 24 hours labour here, and if you're interested you can download this map, as well as all my other free ones, from my Patreon. Hope you all find some use out of them!

Name:	MAD-Caverns-07-The-Excavation-70ppi-Watermark.jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	3.86 MB 
ID:	122492

Could I use it for a commercial game?

Hey VincentLaw, sorry only just saw your post. Yeh I've no problem people using my maps for paid games, enjoy! Whilst you're at it....

Name:	FreeMaps.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	1,023.7 KB 
ID:	126011

The beginning of November marked 6 months since I decided to take the plunge and launch my Patreon making fantasy battlemaps, thanks to the amazing support I get from my patrons I’ve been able to do something I absolutely love and make a living out of it.
    In the last 6 months I’ve released a bunch of free maps, many you may have seen on here, many which may have slipped through the net, but I’ve put together every free map that I’ve ever released and made them available in a single download.

Each map is available in 140ppi resolution, perfect for VTT use, and they’re available in squared, hex and even gridless versions. You can download your preferred grid type from my Patreon post. I hope you all enjoy them!
    Thanks again to everyone who has supported me so far and I hope you enjoy my maps!

Much love!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast