Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: May/June '20 Lite Mapping Challenge: Well of Manona

Guild Journeyer

now i've got to turn the main ground in a map. I think i will draw the main ways to the well, some indication of what we can find on these ways.
    And put a title.

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Puits de manona - montage 5.png 
Views:	42 
Size:	7.01 MB 
ID:	123089

Guild Journeyer

With or without these red lines? At first these lines were guides on a layer, but i find its interesting
    ### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Puits de manona - montage francais 2.png 
Views:	38 
Size:	7.46 MB 
ID:	123098 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Puits de manona - montage francais.png 
Views:	44 
Size:	7.54 MB 
ID:	123099

translation of the text

Well of Manona

From "Exploration report in the Principality of Esia" by Maxone de Crathers, geographer-spy of the High Prince Arduin of Atford, written in 427 of the era of the Principality.

"... (the inhabitants) are only cowards, doubled with narrow believers, perpetuating the sacrifice of their own people in order to obtain the favors of Teneloas, lord of the seas. Local nobles, also obtuse from a religious point of view, but more pragmatic when exercising spiritual powers, perpetuate the legend of specters haunting the Manona peninsula. Fear reduces the number of people willing to sacrifice a slave or a child (yes, they sacrifice their children!), and therefore the chances that someone discover that the well is a source of mystical energy. I went there by renting a small fishing boat, after having attracted the good graces of Teneloas on me (because we, Atfordians, know how to invoke the gods and force them to lend us their powers!), and at night. What power I found there! This lost place, far from everything, beaten by the winds and cold, is only guarded by legends peddled by the fireside.

(...) The path from the beach to the tower is steep, dangerous. There are many ex-votos there, some so gnawed by the salt that the shapes of the statues are no longer recognizable. The promontory where the tower rises is only accessible by a path where iron rings allow to stand at regular intervals. If the Manona peninsula required it, building a fortress here keeping this moorland would make sense, as the plateau is difficult to access.

(...) The tower is massive, the contrast with the more open interior column staircase is striking. Foam and wear are everywhere. The well is a poorly lit black water hole. And the legend says true: the water is not salty, while the sea is barely a few steps away. The magical nature of the place is obvious to anyone practicing the mystical arts, the energy is barely dissipating. In the event of a conflict against the Principate of Esia, the tower is an objective to be considered as a priority: the few noble Esians practicing thaumaturgy would find a source there too easily feeding their powers.

(...) I ended up seeing the ghosts of the place. The souls sacrificed did not all nourish Teneloas, the Esiens dared to use these obscure arts which still elude us. Fear seizes you when you see them, but they can do nothing against you."

Guild Expert

I kind of like the red, that pop of colour definitely adds interest to the overall style which is quite nice.

Guild Journeyer

thanks Kacey

I think this is the last step of this map, except if you have ideas for improving it

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Puits de manona - montage francais 3.png 
Views:	43 
Size:	7.55 MB 
ID:	123119

Think you got yourself a fine piece of work with this one. Can't really find anything to nitpick about.
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

It's been really interesting to watch you develop this map from its very start. Congrats on the results!

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

looking really good.. and love the details with the cut-through and the spiral.. very nice
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Looks great. One idea that would make it pop a little more would be to add a subtle coloring to the land. Like a sepia tone with hints of green where there might be a little vegitation.

Guild Journeyer

thanks all for your comments!
    I'll try to add some colors

Guild Expert

Looks great! I agree with Bogie on the colour, some sepia tones might be nice.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast