Thread: At Least Two Maps Wanted for D&D Campaign

Map At Least Two Maps Wanted for D&D Campaign

Hello Cartographers!

I'm running two home-brew D&D campaigns on the same continent; there have been enough sessions everyone has enjoyed to the point that I would like to invest in more campaign resources for my players to enjoy. While I'm not necessarily looking to keep someone on retainer, I am looking for at least one region map and one continent map. If my groups enjoy them, I would definitely be interested in recruiting the same artist to make more maps and even other artwork.

I do not have all the details of the continent laid out yet, but I do have a strong vision for the geography of the continent and I would very much be open to collaboration as well. I'd be happy to give more detailed info if needed before agreeing to do the work.

Style:

While I'm not dead set on a style, I was thinking along the lines of colorful fantasy. The region map would be for a group that does not have any of the rest of the continent mapped out, so something that feels like an exploratory/map in progress type thing would be neat. The map of the continent I would want fully fleshed out as the other group would have that sort of knowledge. I have liked a lot of maps I've seen made with Wonderdraft's assets, and I've enjoyed Deven Rue's and Jared Blando's (https://jaredblando.com/cartography/...fks7uf1locldio) work as well.

Quality & Size:

Right now I'm only looking for high res digital maps, but down the line I would definitely be interested in prints- especially if my groups like the maps.

While I don't have a specific price target/limit in mind, I am willing to pay for high quality work. I'm NOT looking for "pay in tips/ pay based on how much you like it" offers. I won't be scared off by serious price quotes if the quality of the work justifies the cost.

I'd be happy to discuss method of payment, but I figured using Paypal or Venmo and doing half up front and the other half on delivery for each map would be a good starting point. I'm certainly willing to negotiate.

Time Constraints:

I don't have a specific time constraint, but I wouldn't necessarily be interested in something that would take almost a year+ just to get the first of two maps. In my mind, a very quick turnaround would be 1-2 months, and I would be perfectly content getting the first map in about 4 months or so. If it doesn't take that long to make two maps that's fantastic, but I find it hard to believe both maps could be finished within a couple months.

Copyright:

I have no need for rights to the map; these will solely be used for private play.

Contact Details:

Instant email notifications are turned on for this post, and I should be pretty quick to reply, especially in the evenings. Feel free to reach out to me directly at binkleyaustin at gmail dotcom.

I'm looking forward to hearing and hopefully working with you!
    Last edited by Flinney; 05-27-2020 at 01:10 AM.

Hello, Flinney!

I love bring D&D world to live! You can see my portfolio here - https://www.artstation.com/vb_maps and here - https://www.instagram.com/vb.maps/

If you are interested feel free to contact me at vdm.bulgakov@gmail.com

Thank you in advance

Interested, email sent!
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Hi Flinney!

I'm interested. You did some name dropping there! Jared Blando is one of the best on job, we all do our best here and keep improving.

Sent you an email to discuss in detail.

Kind regards,
    Sergio

Thank you to everyone who has already reached out to me! I will try to go through every single response during work today and get back with everyone in a timely manner.

Just saw your message tonight. Email sent.

Praise

This project is now taken! Thanks again to everyone who reached out; It was an incredibly tough decision because I truly enjoyed all the maps that were sent my way!