Thread: Heightmap commission!

Help Heightmap commission!

Paid not paid? !

Hello mappers!

I love cartography but my recent attempts at heightmapping are not fantastic. While I managed to eventually wrangle Wilbur, I can't get something that I'm really happy with.

I'm making the heightmap for a game project me and my team are working on, so it's really important to us that it looks really nice for our eventual players. With the prospect of me either having to become an expert with heightmaps in a few months or looking at my favorite forum to see if anyone would be willing to do so for those sweet bucks, I chose the second.

So, please! I need a kind soul willing to take our bucks for the map.

The heightmap will be for this world I posted earlier:

The area is roughly the size of Europe and Russia total, and as this is for a semi-commercial (mod) project, we're looking for something really high quality. Besides following generally the mountains and hills and such on the above map, I have a few small things I'd like added, but nothing insane besides that. The map will need to be of 4096 x 4096 pixels in size. While we have a few months until release, I'd like this done ASAP, though obviously we're fine waiting for quality instead of rushing for something less nice.

The project is non-commercial for us, though we're under NDA so we can't elaborate too far on it. With that said, as long as we have the right to use, modify, and display the map as part of our project, its' 100% fine for the artist to display, show off, or whatever this heightmap.

We have pooled together some money for this, but I don't want to accidentally lowball the price of this and scare off any potential artists. As a cartographer myself I understand the standards of this and how much work this might be, so please PM me or let me know a price here and we'll be 100% happy to see if we can meet it. Money is a bit tight right now with all the crazy going on out there, but I'm sure we'll be able to find some sort of arrangement.

Thank you to anyone who is interested! And if you have any questions please feel free to ask.
    Last edited by Stalker; 05-27-2020 at 12:54 AM.

What style of height map are you looking for?

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Applied in DM!
    My website (commissions open)
    My LinkTree (to find me everywhere)

Quote Originally Posted by Tiana View Post
    What style of height map are you looking for?
    Apologies! I'm looking for a grayscale heightmap such as: https://external-content.duckduckgo....jpg&f=1&nofb=1

It'll actually be rendering in a 3d engine, engine takes in a grayscale map.

Nice, that clears up your needs. I am not the artist for this one, but Eowyn there is a good newer height map artist, I commissioned her once, you'll have a good time and if her style doesn't suit, hopefully that picture will lure in the right cartographer!

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Hi I might be interested in this, feel free to contact me directly on deviant art or my mail there ...

https://www.deviantart.com/n-a-i-m-a...aps-and-worlds

tonelstef @ msn dot com