Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Le village de Vert-Cuivre

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    You got me with the rune first . It's just splendid, and very much in the Runequest era & style .
    I'm particularly impressed by the roofs, trees (!) and the nice flow of your river. Chapeau bô!
    Merci beaucoup Julien The river was pretty fun to do (also in a pollock transe )

Quote Originally Posted by tilt View Post
    Looking really beautiful, great work
    Thanks a lot tilt

Quote Originally Posted by QED42 View Post
    I enjoyed following the WIP thread, this map turned out very nice. Unfortunately I can't rep you again so soon.
    Glad you did, QED And don't worry about map, you commenting here is more than enough, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Arimel View Post
    The map does look amazing! The colors all work and the details are great! Excellent job!
    Thanks a lot Arimel

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Moureau View Post
    Congratulations for trying something out of your comfort zone, it definitely paid off !
    Merci beaucoup Marc, it was a fun thing to try, glad you deem it worthy

Quote Originally Posted by Razgriz05 View Post
    Great job, I really like it!
    Sure, it's a small village, but it doesn't mean it is easy to make it look right. And your map really looks like something I'd like to see in a game or read about in a book.
    Thanks a lot Razgriz05 ! and welcome to the Guild !

Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post
    Fantastic! Yes, I can definitely spot the influences in this map, but you've managed to blend these styles together with your own to form a wonderful synergy. The border is great as well, and I love the colors. So much to like about this piece.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
    Thanks a lot Tad I'm glad you think I managed to give it a personal enough touch.

Very nice, Thomas! I think you did your inspirations well.

Quote Originally Posted by jshoer View Post
    Very nice, Thomas! I think you did your inspirations well.
    Thanks Joseph, I did my best

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Nice work: the first reflex when you discover the map is how alive and real it looks ! Choice of colors and light without doubt!
    Your choices are very successful! For someone who doesn't like maps of towns or villages, it's even more remarkable!

Wow! The details on this are wonderful! The thing I love most about this is the color palette though! The colors just make the place look so inviting and cozy!

Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    Nice work: the first reflex when you discover the map is how alive and real it looks ! Choice of colors and light without doubt!
    Your choices are very successful! For someone who doesn't like maps of towns or villages, it's even more remarkable!
    Merci Joël I still do not like city/town maps as they demand too much from me but I'm starting to understand some things about them so, that's cool. One year after drawing it I see a lot of room for improvement, especially to make it even more lively

Quote Originally Posted by Edward II of Kenland View Post
    Wow! The details on this are wonderful! The thing I love most about this is the color palette though! The colors just make the place look so inviting and cozy!
    Thanks Edward I tried to wander this village and wonder how I'd like it to look, I guess it's one fun way to plan a town map.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12