Thread: how make texture filled political and geographical map of countries on Photoshop

Question how make texture filled political and geographical map of countries on Photoshop

reference image is below
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo_2020-06-01_11-06-31.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	257.1 KB 
ID:	123173
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo_2020-06-01_11-04-22.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	263.2 KB 
ID:	123174

I think you need to provide some more information? Are you trying to get the same effect as in those pictures?

Wingshaw

Formerly TheHoarseWhisperer

I would set a texture layer to 'brightness' and clip it to a flat color layer the shape of the political region, that has a stroke applied.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Just as a note, people generally would take a texture like that as topographical information in a map where they are not familiar with the geography of the area. (ignoring all the other problems with that map)

Quote Originally Posted by Wingshaw View Post
    I think you need to provide some more information? Are you trying to get the same effect as in those pictures?

Wingshaw
    thanks for reply . yes i want same effect and want to make exactly looking maps on Photoshop , can you help me with detail step by step ? thank you in advance .

Quote Originally Posted by Tiana View Post
    I would set a texture layer to 'brightness' and clip it to a flat color layer the shape of the political region, that has a stroke applied.
    thanks for reply . i want to make exactly looking maps on Photoshop also for other country images is just example, can you help me with detail step by step ?like
    1) layers arrangement
    2) texture arrangement
    3) other setting to get same look like those images
    4) Share prepared psd file with me so that i can learn

thank you in advance .

Quote Originally Posted by Falconius View Post
    Just as a note, people generally would take a texture like that as topographical information in a map where they are not familiar with the geography of the area. (ignoring all the other problems with that map)
    it is just example map for educational purpose only .........can you help me by preparing map like those and share psd with me ? thanks in advance

No, kid, no one is going to make you your map for free even though it's for "educational purposes". We'll answer your questions if you start trying to make it.

I recommend you, other posters, do not answer this post! This poster has no sense of boundaries and will start emailing AND commenting on your site asking for you to make their map for them for free. Just because I made that one comment they have contacted me off site in two different ways to plead for a free map. I gave them some more information on the layer style AND 3 textures I made that loop which can be installed in Photoshop to use for styles like this and that was insufficient. They will not rest until they get someone to do ALL their work for them for free.

Please note that having talked to this poster they already have a rudimentary grasp of GIS and they know how to use Illustrator and Photoshop, which means, they know more than me about making a political map, since I use none of the above for fantasy mapping. I would charge a minimum of $50 for a map of the type they are hoping to get for free.

They do not need your help making a map, they need to learn to do the hard work themselves and to get the confidence to realize that they can do it. That will not happen if you let them swindle you into doing their homework.
    Last edited by Tiana; 06-01-2020 at 07:42 PM.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Beyond the basics of just using Photoshop, or any modern painting program, in which it is not that hard to achieve the effects you are looking for by using layers, the rest is down to tweaking the image and effects to get exactly what you think looks good. There is no magic bullet.