Thread: May/June '20 Lite Challenge: The Drowned One

Default May/June '20 Lite Challenge: The Drowned One

Hoooo boy this is a bit of a last minute decision. I'll work on the backstory soon but for now I really just wanted to make something. With everything being so crazy I've stopped doodling and mapping for a while so this is perfect to try and get back into it. I think for the sake of my own sanity it'll end up being with limited colors.

Excuse the low quality jpeg. Hopefully a sketch gist is achieved.
    ### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	theDrownedOnesProgress1.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	988.8 KB 
ID:	123263

Guild Expert

Welcome to the challenge! The sketch looks promising so far, looks like you’ll be busy for the next week or so with so little time left, can’t wait to see where you go with it.

Thanks for joining us! Love the sketch! Looking forward to seeing this develop.

Side note, I just saw these stairs, or ones exactly like them in a movie the other night. ( The second Maleficent Movie )

Looks like I'm having a bunch of fun with just the line art. I've been trying to get little tidbits done here and there. Unfortunately I'm not going to have a free day until monday so this is going to be very...very close. I realize now that the stones attached to the now submerged tower should technically sink so I guess I have to figure out something logical for why they float. Maybe they're volcanic? And magic??? Sounds legit for now.

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	theDrownedOnesProgress2.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	1.42 MB 
ID:	123308

This looks really promising. At first I thought it was one big map but at second glance I see that there is a general map and the layered pieces of the tower. Maybe think of something to make both stand out on their own? With colors maybe.. But then.. time is a killer. I really hope you can finish this in time!

I hope we are still allowed to post on the 10th. Regardless this was a lot of fun.

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	theDrownedOnesTotal.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	4.10 MB 
ID:	123355

I really like the colors and details here.

Awesome progress! The border with the branches works really well! And a nice touch by divding the different sections of the tower with a river.

This is pretty cool I've seen this reference all over twitter in the last few weeks and you just captured it just perfectly for your map in the top right corner I love this, the map parts with this other perspective on the drowned tower ... :3 awesome work!!!

Beautiful!! Great map, I also love how you used the river to separate the levels.