Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wyneroton - the fractioned realms (personal project)

Default Wyneroton - the fractioned realms (personal project)

Hi all

Another personal project of mine. This one took quite some time to develop because I was not sure which way I want to go with this after the lines were finished.
    I wanted to show big world, so i drew a lot of tiny buildings to fool the scale Hope it works.

I am quite pleased with the effect. I still have to work on the border. Need to be more elaborate. but i don't have the head for that yet.

Cheers
    Rafał

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wyneroton_CG.jpg 
Views:	884 
Size:	8.97 MB 
ID:	123309
    Last edited by Voolf; 06-07-2020 at 06:11 AM.
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

I really like the scale, rivers and huge lakes. The tiny buildings do help to make the map look larger as well. Really nice!

I like these big wide areas, so much space to put dreamscapes in! Maybe I would like a bit more light but that's just me. ^^
    My website (commissions open)
    My LinkTree (to find me everywhere)

Guild Expert

I love the way you do you’re forests! The tiny buildings work really well, and that border absolutely does not need to be more elaborate, it’s actually one of my favourite parts of the map... Really well done as always, another masterpiece to go into my inspiration folder.

The map definitely does have a sense of scale behind it! Not sure if it's because of the small settlements or just the general way the terrain is filled. Do you have a scale in mind, size wise? Like is it comparable to a big continent or is it world sized?

I love this , scale is what I struggle with in my maps and this just nails it . The border is great as it is , especially like the bottom left corner with the inscribed metal look on the orb. Awesome imho.

This is a great map. All the saturated colors are great! The depth in the forests are really interesting.

Well done!

Oh, I love this! The scale makes the water bodies seem like in-land seas/landlocked seas rather than large lakes!

This is more than a success! Your forests & tiny - yet beautiful - villages & towns never cease to amaze me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast