Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wyneroton - the fractioned realms (personal project)

Amazing map! I can only imagine how much time you spent doing all that shading in the forests!

Quote Originally Posted by Arimel View Post
    I really like the scale, rivers and huge lakes. The tiny buildings do help to make the map look larger as well. Really nice!
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Eowyn Cwper View Post
    I like these big wide areas, so much space to put dreamscapes in! Maybe I would like a bit more light but that's just me. ^^
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by kacey View Post
    I love the way you do you’re forests! The tiny buildings work really well, and that border absolutely does not need to be more elaborate, it’s actually one of my favourite parts of the map... Really well done as always, another masterpiece to go into my inspiration folder.
    Thanks Kacey. I am glad you like the border. True, it dosen't have to be more elaborate, but i started this map with an intention of doing something more intricate, hence a slight disappointment here

Quote Originally Posted by genteelblackhole View Post
    The map definitely does have a sense of scale behind it! Not sure if it's because of the small settlements or just the general way the terrain is filled. Do you have a scale in mind, size wise? Like is it comparable to a big continent or is it world sized?
    I guess it's like a very big continent, something like Eurasia maybe, it is far too small to be an entire world map. Unless it's a very small planet

Quote Originally Posted by michaelgo View Post
    I love this , scale is what I struggle with in my maps and this just nails it . The border is great as it is , especially like the bottom left corner with the inscribed metal look on the orb. Awesome imho.
    Thank you very much. I struggle with the right size too. Oftentimes my maps tend to be bigger with a regional size feeling and for some reason I have a hard time depicting something in a larger scale... or maybe it's just me...

Quote Originally Posted by Dimension Door View Post
    This is a great map. All the saturated colors are great! The depth in the forests are really interesting.
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    Well done!
    Thanks Bogie.

Quote Originally Posted by terriku View Post
    Oh, I love this! The scale makes the water bodies seem like in-land seas/landlocked seas rather than large lakes!
    That is exacly the case. I consider them as such. At some point i was thinking of breaking the continent to connect the large inland seas with the ocean, but I on a second thought I think it looks quitte nice as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    This is more than a success! Your forests & tiny - yet beautiful - villages & towns never cease to amaze me.
    Thank you very much Julien

Quote Originally Posted by Edward II of Kenland View Post
    Amazing map! I can only imagine how much time you spent doing all that shading in the forests!
    Yeah, quite time consuming proccess. I think they require a bit more work though. Thank you.
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

Aw, man! I missed the group "Thank you"!

Still, even though I missed the bus, your map looks great. Good job!

Guild Member

Gorgeous work! Love this map. All the little details; the islands going over the edges, the nicely styled writing in various areas, the mountains, the forests...what is there not to love here??? The maps I love the most are the ones that make me want to visit the world they portray...I wanna visit!

Absolutely beautiful work. As everyone else has stated! Love the shadowing on the hills, the graphic underlay with the text is so elegant. The mountains so unique. Great job!

Immediate add to the inspiration folder - one minor quibble is that the main mountain linework feels a bit heavy compared to the rest of the map, but the feel is great and overall it's a beautiful piece.

Registered just to say how much I LOVE this style!! Is this all hand-drawn? I've only ever made maps with Photoshop brush sets but the variation you have and the little details (like the mountaintops curling over the top of the canyon in the range south of Hosca) are just beautiful, you may just have inspired me enough to step up my game a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Zedfelos View Post
    Aw, man! I missed the group "Thank you"!

Still, even though I missed the bus, your map looks great. Good job!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SharpPointyStick View Post
    Gorgeous work! Love this map. All the little details; the islands going over the edges, the nicely styled writing in various areas, the mountains, the forests...what is there not to love here??? The maps I love the most are the ones that make me want to visit the world they portray...I wanna visit!
    I am glad you like it, Thanks for the comment.

Quote Originally Posted by snodsy View Post
    Absolutely beautiful work. As everyone else has stated! Love the shadowing on the hills, the graphic underlay with the text is so elegant. The mountains so unique. Great job!
    Thank you snodsy!

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorth View Post
    Immediate add to the inspiration folder - one minor quibble is that the main mountain linework feels a bit heavy compared to the rest of the map, but the feel is great and overall it's a beautiful piece.
    Thanks GWN, You may be right about the mountains. I forgot to play with the mountains line opacity.

Quote Originally Posted by sparr0w View Post
    Registered just to say how much I LOVE this style!! Is this all hand-drawn? I've only ever made maps with Photoshop brush sets but the variation you have and the little details (like the mountaintops curling over the top of the canyon in the range south of Hosca) are just beautiful, you may just have inspired me enough to step up my game a bit.
    Thaks sparr0w. Yes, the map is fully drawn by hand. I am glad you like it and happy to have inspired you!
    New Horizons

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons

Support:

It's been said already but you outdid yourself with those forests. The whole map is fantastic but damn those woods !

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasR View Post
    It's been said already but you outdid yourself with those forests. The whole map is fantastic but damn those woods !
    Thanks Thom, with every map i am hoping to change your hate to forests into love
    New Horizons

Support:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast