Thread: Nibylandia

Map Nibylandia

A new Map, took me about 10h to make. Tons of details on this one. I have plans for a bigger map and i will post it here in about a month :D. Do you have and ideas how could i improve this map?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Waffel's map M.Sz.jpeg 
Views:	167 
Size:	289.4 KB 
ID:	123310

I love the mountains and the forests and the 'pit' is very well drawn , maybe draw the coast/wave lines on both N.S.W and E if I was to be picky.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

The map looks really good! Two possible things that could improve it though. First, if you pencil in where you want the names to go before adding ink you can avoid some of the funkiness that took 'Old Fields' on this map. It will ensure you save enough space. Also, as Michaelgo said, the coast/wave lines are a bit different. I would also have put them on all sides of the landmasses but, if you want to keep it to one side, I would stay on the bottom edge of them because then it will more fit the perspective you are already using for your mountains. Right now you seem to have 2 different perspectives on the 2 different features which requires extra study to understand.
    In all though, these are just nitpicks and the map does look really good! Your chasms are excellent!

I don't know much about perspective but the coastal effect bothers me a little. I think I would draw it with a ruler, and shorter. I would also avoid using them for lakes. I don't know what I would do with the labels because I'm absolutely terrible with them; and somehow, given your skill with mountains and pits (real pretty!!), I feel like you actually meant them to look more amateurish? It's definitely an interesting style in any case!
    My website (commissions open)
    My LinkTree (to find me everywhere)

THX for the help Arimel and for your nice opinion : ). I wasn't satisfied with cost lines, but i think i can correct my map by adding lines on both side, maybe that will help!

Thanks Michealgo, i was pretty satified with "the Pit", i'm glad you like it

yes i meant to make moutains and pits look amaturish and i wanted for no reason to make moutains in chinese style... sort of :}