Thread: Taiga

Guild Novice

Map Taiga

A map that I started like 8 months ago and completely forgot to finish until today.
    It's based on metro exodus but I changed an awful lot in it. Lots of ink smudges, overcrowding, poor decisions and even the pen nib had noticably degraded by the time I picked it back up. It's nothing important though so I'm just glad to have finished it.
    I would be grateful of critique if anyone is willing. Don't hold back!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Taiga(small).jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	2.25 MB 
ID:	122552

I think you're tough on your work. There are certainly some flaws here or there but the whole is beautiful. The composition and perfect legibility of the elements gives the whole a singular and identifiable atmosphere.
    The ink layout is precise, the whole coherent and the illustrations well drawn. An example of work that can be inspiring, thank you for sharing with us.
    Warlin.

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Greg's Avatar

Totally agree with Warlin here! It looks fab!

It's always so easy to notice the mistakes and flaws in our own work and how things didn't quite turn out how we wanted. But that's because we spend so long with it crafting it and bringing it to life so pick up on every little detail.

You've done a really great job here with some fantastic linework. Keep going with it, finish some more pieces and hopefully you'll learn not to beat yourself up over the little things but instead know they are just a part of the process!

Wow, I love this little guy! Any smudges and mistakes that you might have only add to its character.

Edit: my only critique, now that I've had a chance to view it on a properly sized screen, is that you have a few pencil lines still visible.
    Last edited by jshoer; 06-21-2020 at 05:21 PM.