Quote Originally Posted by Elatan View Post
Daniel Hasenbos offered a skillshare class some time ago and I took the opportunity to finally create a map of the town Nurn. The original file is 10,000 * 8,000 pixels and over 700 MB large and I'm happy my good old PC could handle it ... And here it is, my first map I want to present here in the Guild!

Attachment 123334

Officially, the Thyonian Northmarch has no capital, but the city of Nurn can undoubtedly be called the center of this region. About 5000 people live within the walls of the city, where there is a certain rivalry between the north and the south. The northern half is the older part of the city, although Ean's house on the hill to the north is probably the oldest building in the city - which is said to have a curse on it, which is why for a long time hardly anyone built north of the river.
I agree with Wingshaw's comment about the hills and see you've added shadows, maybe if some of the lines were more continuous? I don't think they are quite there yet. However I do think this is an awesome map and very well done, just a minor critique on those hills. Great job!