Thread: RPG Commission based on A:TLA

Default RPG Commission based on A:TLA

This was the first time I've been commissioned to do a map based on an existing world, this one of Avatar: The Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra. A:TLA happens to be my all-time favorite television show so I was immediately stoked to dive back into that world. It was a new challenge to use more Eastern-style map elements, such as the way the mountains are drawn, and I used a kanji-like font and orientation for the city labels. This RPG campaign is set, I believe, several thousand years after the two shows, so most of the old cities aren't there any more, and instead there are a few new ones for the gamers to explore. I hope they enjoy playing it as much as I did drawing it!

- Jess @ Lizard Ink Maps

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hernandez Map FINAL.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	7.10 MB 
ID:	123338

Loving the borders. Love the series. The one change I would consider is breaking off the ocean fill a bit before the landmasses and manually lowering the waves so there is no land cutting off the wave fill loop, but natural waves coming to their end at the shore. As a player I would be ecstatic.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

That's lovely, Liz' ! I especially love the border here

*fan-girl squee* ATLA <3
    As pretty as your work always is, I really enjoy the way you did the coastlines. You even managed to show the water areas in a way that doesn't look like there are such major river violations going on, which is more than can be said about the original map from the show. Kudos for that! I have to say I'm maybe not a 100% sold on the ocean pattern. It's definitely not horrible, but just maybe not my personal cup of tea.

Also, I have to ask: was there something special about the hills in this region around the bottom? They look like they haven't been detailed like the rest and I wonder if that was on purpose.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	40 
Size:	264.2 KB 
ID:	123340

In any case, super glad to see you tackle this setting, and pull if off so nicely! Will certainly rep you if I can.
    Last edited by Kellerica; 06-09-2020 at 06:00 AM.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Can't rep you again so soon but nice work!

Excellent map! I particularly like your idea for the frame.

I love this! I really like the waves! I am watching the series for the first time right now and I enjoy it as well. I'm glad you had a great time making the map!