Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: City of Doradon

Quote Originally Posted by Voolf View Post
    Great city map. I like the colour palette and the lauout the of city in nice. Good job.
    Thank you, the color palette was inspired by an old map of Frankkurt/Main from the i think 16 century

A splendid map, Arkis ! Very immersive, and working really well. I'm not 100% sure if the River Police would agree with the rivers, but it's definitely not the point here

Quote Originally Posted by MistyBeee View Post
    A splendid map, Arkis ! Very immersive, and working really well. I'm not 100% sure if the River Police would agree with the rivers, but it's definitely not the point here
    thanx very much, and yes i did not spend much time at the riverlayout, but it is Fantasy and maybe the rivers are al littel bit "magic" ;-)

I actually don't think there is an issue with the rivers. When the scale gets this small, the general "no more than one outlet per river" rule doesn't seem as ironclad anymore. Plenty of river mouths have little islands in them. Take this very real city of Oulu situated in the mouth of Oulujoki for instance:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	28 
Size:	209.2 KB 
ID:	123433

I'm no geology expert, so do correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the river in this map is perfectly plausible.

It's a very nice map too, all around! You got the wear and tear look down rather nicely, and the map has a nice crisp modern look to it.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Guild Member Facebook Connected Brendo's Avatar

Omg, so good to see so much details and very well elaborated!!! Nice work!!!

Guild Expert

Really nice! I love the colours, very impressive.

I like the 19th ct. feeling! If I was to point out something, maybe the transparency in the legend kind of takes away a part of this feeling.

Very nice map! It's both very harmonious and easy to read & use .

I agree with Bretton, and I'm also not completely sold on the repeating tree texture. But otherwise this is a very well-executed and engrossing map! I wish I could read German to peruse it more deeply.

Wonderful look! I think Markstrase lost an S somewhere! :ƿ
    My website (commissions open)
    My LinkTree (to find me everywhere)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast