Thread: [WIP] Building a world from tectonics onward

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Really great work! I'm going through the same process on my world so it's good to see how others are approaching it. I'm no expert enough to give you any good feedback other than "keep it up!"

Quote Originally Posted by Charerg View Post
    I'll probably post something in the way of more detailed feedback once you get to the later stages, keep up the good work .
    Good job building suspense I'm currently working on figuring out / fighting with Wilbur so I can have at least a crude hiehgtmap before moving on to the next steps that require rough elevations. This--together with figuring out what geography is appropriate for the various regions--is taking me a fair bit of time, so it might be a little while before I get to the next stages, but I'll definitely appreciate any feedback whenever you're able to provide it

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Foreman View Post
    Really great work! I'm going through the same process on my world so it's good to see how others are approaching it. I'm no expert enough to give you any good feedback other than "keep it up!"
    Thanks! Encouragement is very much appreciated!

I love this thread! Always great seeing other maps starting with tectonic plates. The ocean currents look really familiar, any chance you used Artifexian's tutorial whilst making those?

Thanks for all the kind words! It's definitely a rabbit hole, or maybe more of a black hole... ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by NethanielShade View Post
    any chance you used Artifexian's tutorial whilst making those?
    Glad you like the tectonics! I've actually revised things a bit since the last post about them, so at some point I should post the updated model. For the currents, I actually used the guide on this forum (https://www.cartographersguild.com/s...ad.php?t=27782) together with looking at maps of Earth's currents like this (https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...erless%293.png).