Thread: Luparia

Map Luparia

Hello there.

This map is a remake of an older one I made years ago for a role per forum game. Each player developed the history of her own kingdom, chose the name, the shield, and the ruling family. The central kingdom, Primarroca, ruled over the others and when the king dies, the fight breaks out to see which house replaces him on the throne, causing wars between the Ten Kingdoms. Yeah, a little bit of GoT there. The name of the map, Luparia, comes from lupus, wolf, which is the name of the game: Lupus in forum. Some players were infiltrated werewolves and had to hunt down the others at night to win the game. So the shape of the map is somewhat reminiscent of a wolf's head.

Luparia was unified by Ilergan I the Conqueror, but he let the different families rule the former kingdoms while swearing allegiance to him. Part of this loyalty was achieved with favors and love affairs of Ilergan himself, which is why many of the noble houses have blood ties to the ruling family. For two hundred years there was peace, but the line of succession is interrupted when Ilergan III dies, at which time aspirants to the throne of all kingdoms come to Primarroca to decide who should be the next to be king of Luparia and the Ten Kingdoms.

Some notes on the kingdoms:

Bererford is governed by the Belfiore house, it is one of the largest and most prosperous kingdoms in Luparia. In their lands bloody wars were fought in the past.

Astralteria, governed by the Akhlabrahen house, is famous for its prosperous trade economy, and is divided internally into four regions called the Four Calms.

Bedanes stands out for its exotic religion and its horses. They are faced with a kingdom further south, so they are the defenders of the border.

The Rotten Lands is an almost uninhabitable kingdom, but it is ruled by an industrious arachnid race led by the Supreme Circle.

Ravenia, is the nation of the Amazons, a region inhabited by female warriors with a secret magical link with nature and the forest.

Tempanus, the snow kingdom, is inhabited by crystalline beings related to ice and cold.

There is much more, but this gives you an idea of ​​how rich this group-created background was. I remember it very fondly.

Hope you like it!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	09-07-2020-Luparia-100.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	5.03 MB 
ID:	123923Click image for larger version. 

Name:	09-07-2020-Luparia-WB-100.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	3.63 MB 
ID:	123924

Nice map, I really like the colour version.

Great work! I especially like the way you drew the divits along the rivers so that they look like they've dug into the ground they're winding over, nice touch.

IR