Thread: Little town called Kela in frosty north (hand-drawn on watercolor paper)

Default Little town called Kela in frosty north (hand-drawn on watercolor paper)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kela.JPG 
Views:	90 
Size:	3.08 MB 
ID:	123384

Hey guys and welcome to my map debut here
    I'm drawing most of my maps on paper with some ink liners (Sakura Micron f.e.), after I sketched out the different regions of my map - the center of the town, the paths, water, forests...
    When I add the different houses and work on details... often many, many details

This map in particular was made for my roleplaying group. We're in the cold and frosty north of Aventuria and had to stop by in this town called Kela. The adventure book had no map included for Kela, so I used this opportunity for more practice
    It's not that easy to show snowy biomes and frosted water. But with the description of the weather and so, we achieved what I wanted the players to feel like

I left some space under Kela's name to include a legend based ob where the group headed to (we play via R20).
    If you'd like to use it, go on

Thanks for stepping by and for reading o/
    Tips for drawing different biomes are welcome

Guild Expert

The line work is very nice, will you be adding any colour?

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

That looks really good! I like the detailed chimneys and paths. Only part I am slightly confused about is the line along the 'edge'. I assume it is a coastline with docks protruding into it but I am not certain. The map still looks great though!

Hey there and thank you :3

I'm not adding color here, but I want to show a colored map of mine the next few days

I'm working on stuff like coast lines and cliffs, how to show that one part is above/higher than an other etc... any tips?

Hi

I like the map very much, will look really good with some blue and gray colour on a winter-style.
    Only some more vegetation on your coast or bank would look more realistic.

Will we see a colourd version?

Thank you, Arkis Next winter map I'll put some details on the coast line... ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Neflite View Post

I'm not adding color here, but I want to show a colored map of mine the next few days